It is always good to stimulate our minds and to learn a bit about how our brains work. Here you have a selection of the 50 Brain Teasers that people have enjoyed the most in our blog and speaking engagements.
Fun experiments on how our brains work
1. Do you think you know the colors?: try the Stroop Test.
2. Can you count?: Basketball attention experiment (Interactive).
3. Who is this?: A very important little guy (Interactive).
5. Take the Senses Challenge (Interactive).
6. Are there more brain connections or leaves in the Amazon?.
9. Count the Fs in this sentence.
10. What do you see? can you alternate between 2 views?.
11. Easy one…draw the face of a penny, please.
Pattern recognition and planning
13. Planning is not that easy: Towers of Hanoi (Interactive).
14. What’s the missing number: Pattern Recognition Brain Teaser.
15. Brain Puzzle for the Whole Brain: The Blind Beggar.
16. Find the missing number in The Empty Triangle.
17. What about Tipping the Scales.
18. Don’t be misled by this brain workout.
19. Please find the missing number here.
20. Test the limits of your peripheral vision with this challenge (Interactive).
21. How many…: Train your Frontal and Parietal lobes.
22. Is a circle a circle?: Visual Perception Brain Teaser.
23. Mental Imagery and Spatial Rotation challenge.
24. What piece fits here?.
25. Can you mentally build this box?.
26. The Muller-Lyer Illusion (Interactive).
27. Don’t try this with your partner, or you may fight.
28. How many colors do you see in The Hermann Grid.
29. This is less obvious than it may appear.
30. Is this a circle or what?.
32. Are these 2 rows parallel?.
33. What do you see.
34. Who’s the eldest?: Reasoning Skills Brain Teaser.
35. Join this Party For Polyglots.
36. Solve Dr. Nasty’s Giant Cube.
37. Which way is the bus heading?.
With a Corporate angle
38. Collection of Stress Management exercises.
39. Some Google/ Microsoft Brain Teasers used in interviews.
40. A few guesstimations like the ones I was asked in McKinsey interviews years ago.
41. More guesstimations.
42. Your last Aha! moment?.
43. Can you read these faces.
44. Choose the right Fork in the Road.
45. Find the the Really, Really, Really Big Number.
46. Hard: The Unkindest Cut of All, Part 1 of 2.
47. For geniuses: Concentric Shapes or The Unkindest Cut of All, Part 2 of 2.
Tough to categorize
48. Clinically proven Stress Management tip.
49. Enjoy this Sunday Afternoon Quiz.
50. Can you write a haiku describing your experience doing some of the previous teasers? The simple rules: write 3 lines, which don’t need to rhyme, containing 5,7, and 5 syllables. You can leave your haiku as a comment for extra points…
Note: everyone, including feed readers, THANK YOU for helping Digg this story. We made it to Digg’s Home Page, so more people than usual were able to stimulate their brains:-)