Let’s exercise our frontal lobes (that deal with planning, among other things), and parietal lobes (calculations) with some quick brain teaser games of the kind often used in job interviews.
Please try to guess the answers to the questions below (you don’t need to know, or research, the right answer, simply try to “guesstimate” an appropriate range).
1) How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
2) In 1999, how were these baby boy names ranked by popularity: Kevin, Jose, Hugh.
3) What is the weight of a large commercial airplane?
1) About 500,000, assuming the bus is 50 balls high, 50 balls wide, and 200 balls long.
2) Rankings of baby boy names in 1999, according to Social Security Administration: 1. Jose (#30), 2. Kevin (#32), 3. Hugh (#830).
3) For a Boeing 747:
– Empty: around 400,000 pounds (lbs), or 181 metric tons
– Maximum Takeoff Weight: around 825,000 pounds, or 374 metric tons
– For context, the weight of an empty Hummer is 8,600 pounds.
We have more brain teasers, brain games and illusions!