Fun to (remotely) talk at the Startup Impact Summit in Hong Kong to discuss the latest on brain health and mental fitness and to highlight a key point: in such a rapidly-and-profoundly-evolving field, we need to prioritize effectiveness over efficiency; otherwise we simply keep doing –faster, cheaper– the wrong things time and again.
Think of the many ways we (mis)diagnose and (mis)treat depression and Alzheimer’s Disease for example.
Let’s escape from the “efficiency trap” and promote brain health for all.
Event in Context:
- Debate the Future of Mental Health in North America: In ten years, will we see DSM?6 or Something Much Better (SMB?1)?
- CVS Health: Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) apps may help you more than sleeping pills
- Three ways to protect your mental health during –and after– COVID-19
- Solving the Brain Fitness Puzzle Is the Key to Self-Empowered Aging
- The FDA creates new Digital Health unit to reimagine regulatory paths in the age of scalable, AI-enhanced innovation
- Five reasons the future of brain enhancement is digital, pervasive and (hopefully) bright