#1. The Stroop Test: Great brain teaser to challenge your mental vitality and flexibility

stroop-testReady to test your men­tal vital­i­ty and flex­i­bil­i­ty?

Quick — say aloud what col­or you see in every word, NOT the word you read.

Go from left to right, from top to down. Ready. Set. Go!

—-

Not easy, right? This task is called the Stroop Test, and is used in neu­ropsy­cho­log­i­cal eval­u­a­tions to mea­sure men­tal vital­i­ty and flex­i­bil­i­ty, since per­form­ing well requires strong atten­tion, inhi­bi­tion and self-reg­u­la­tion capa­bil­i­ty (also called exec­u­tive func­tions).

1. Bill Wright` says:

try focus­ing on the last let­ter of each word to see only the actu­al col­or

2. Kyriakos says:

I just made my vision blur­ry so I can­not read just see the col­ors:)

3. maya says:

woah that was kin­da realy hard. like at first it was eaasy but then i saw how it changed and it was hard for my brain to try and say the right col­or! it was fun though:]

4. Raghu says:

I was able to cor­rect­ly iden­ti­fy the col­or when start­ed from bot­tom.

5. pavan says:

hey anoth­er way of going through eas­i­ly is just look at the col­or, and dont let your brain read the spelling at start. Then you can eas­i­ly go through this. It worked for me!!

6. Bernie says:

Pos­es no prob­lem
    for those who are
    lit­er­ate.

7. Bernie says:

The rest of you are
    fuck­wits.

last word doesn’t
    pass the spellcheck­er,
    but check:

8. Anoop Jayaram says:

Nice & Sim­ple One! enjoyed it.

it chal­lenges our brain’s ten­den­cy to scan through words.

9. ardit says:

it was very easy for me.
    maybe because i was tired and my brain for­got to focus on the mean­ing of the words…
    fun­ny.. the best way is not to try hard

10. Tammy says:

if you blur your vision its real­ly easy because you cant c the words!

11. Constantina says:

I pro­gressed through the first two lines and then got mixed up as i went through the oth­er lines. I have to observe the instruc­tions prop­er­ly.

12. Florence says:

Read from the bot­tom and it was faster. Con­cen­tra­tion slows down when read from top to bot­tom. Great exer­cise !!! Thanks.

13. Brenda Kane says:

I cheat­ed and took my glass off! Worked fine and fast.
    I put them back on and it was much more dif­fi­cult.
    Hope I’m not one that looks but doesn’t see.
    Thanks, fun.

14. Tom says:

If you need­ed to be lit­er­ate you prob­a­bly didn’t under­stand the exer­cise. bet you got most of them wrong.

15. I have always had my own trick when doing things like this. I just make my sight blur­ry, so all I can see is the col­or shown and not be able to read the word. [:

16. tuaua says:

I recent­ly done the test in my neu­ropsy­cho­log­i­cal assessment.I had a stroke 2yrs ago. I moved thru test slow­ly, found it hard to focus & con­cen­trate but after I gave it a few go’s I got the hang of it .It’s ide­al for brain train­ing & stim­u­la­tion along with all oth­er brain­teasers.

17. Aley Lawrence says:

I can do it eas­i­ly by blur­ring my vision through nar­row­ing my eyes

18. michelle says:

it gave me a headache

19. Bob Beaver says:

A most inter­est­ing exer­cise, par­tic­u­lar­ly as one is con­scious (aware) that the brain is strug­gling against what the eyes see and what the mouth wants to say. I enjoyed the exer­cise, but then again, being an edu­cat­ed Eng­lish­man my brain always fas­ci­nates me.

20. Khalil says:

Well it was to say sec­ond time. I used a trick, I did not see the com­plete words while say­ing, I just con­cen­trate on the col­or of last alpha­bet of the word, did not look the whole word at all, in just sec­ond attmept the result was 100%..cool
    KA