We hope you are enjoying the growing coverage of Brain Fitness as much as we are. Below you have the Brain Fitness Newsletter we sent a few days ago-you can subscribe to this monthly email update in the box on the right hand side.
In this post, we will briefly cover:
I. Press: see what CBS and Time Magazine are talking about. SharpBrains was introduced in the Birmingham News, Chicago Tribune and in a quick note carried by the American Psychological Association news service.
II. Events: we are outreach partners for the Learning & the Brain conference, which will gather neuroscientists and educators, and for the Dana FoundationÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Brain Awareness Week.
III. Program Reviews: The Wall Street Journal reviewed six different programs for brain exercise and aging, and the one we offer is one of the two winners. A college-level counseling center starts offering our stress management one. And we interview a Notre Dame scientist who has conducted a replication study for the working memory training program for kids with ADD/ ADHD.
IV. New Offerings: we have started to offer two information packages that can be very useful for people who want to better understand this field before they commit to any particular program: learn more about our Brain Fitness 101 guide and Exercise Your Brain DVD.
V. Website and Blog Summary: we revamped our home page and have had a very busy month writing many good articles. We also hosted two Ã¢â‚¬Å“Blog CarnivalsÃ¢â‚¬Â- donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t you want to know what that means?
- Good overview in Lifelong learning, literally: neuroplasticity for students, boomers, seniors…
- TIME MagazineÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s special issue A User Guide to the Brain.
- CBS NEWS/TIME Magazine’s Series on Brain Neuroplasticity and Memory Exercises.
- Birmingham News on SharpBrains with Want a workout for your brain?.
- “Online Brain Fitness Center Introduced” in the American Psychology Association News Service, on SharpBrains.
- Learning & The Brain Conference, February 15–17 in San Francisco.
- The Dana Alliance’s Brain Awareness Week 2007 will take place March 12–18. As part of the global activities we will offer our Exercising Our Brains class together with the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute and deliver a fun workshop on The Neuroscience of Stress and Stress Management for Accenture’s International Women. Learn more about this week and how you can participate.
III. Program Reviews
- Wall Street Journal “Putting Brain Exercises to the Test”, where MindFit emerged as one of the top two programs.
- Interview with a Scientist on ADD/ADHD and working memory training regarding Cogmed Working Memory Training program.
- Counseling center offers biofeedback to help decrease stress, talking about Freeze-Framer.
IV. New Offerings
- Brain Fitness 101 Guide: based on great feedback on our initial draft, we have refined and redesigned the guide and offer it now for only $11.95.
- Exercise Your Brain DVD: this one-hour and 20 minute class introduces you to the science and practice of brain exercise and includes many engaging activities. It is available for pre-order now until February 20 for $14.99 ($5 off from the regular $19.99!). Videos will ship February 23.
V. Website and Blog Summary
- We hope you enjoy our new home page and new section for Psychologists.
- Cognitive Neuroscience
Brain Fitness Glossary
Cognitive Reserve and Lifestyle
Heart Rate Variability as an Index of Regulated Emotional Responding
Neuroscience Interview Series: on learning and “brain gyms”
Counseling center offers biofeedback to help decrease stress
Lifelong learning, literally: neuroplasticity for students, boomers, seniors…
- Health & Wellness
Want to Improve Memory? Strengthen Your Synapses.
How do I know if computer-based brain fitness programs work?
I already do crosswords and sudoku. Do I need anything else?
Learning Slows Physical Progression of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Professional Development
Improving Your Brain Tools: Reading Emotional Messages in the Face
Enhancing the Trader’s Self-Control
- Brain Teasers
Exercise Your Brains — Visual Logic Brain Teaser
Brain Workout for Your Frontal Lobes
- Blog Carnivals: (collection of best blog articles around particular topics)
We hosted Encephalon #15: Neuroscience and Psychology Blog Carnival.
And launched Brain Fitness Blog Carnival #1.