ASICS es el principal impulsor de la conferencia que el próximo 2 de julio tendrá lugar en Barcelona bajo el título “Mejora tu salud usando la mente, el cuerpo y las redes sociales”. [Read more…] about Barcelona, 2 de Julio: Mejora tu salud usando la mente, el cuerpo y las redes sociales
- “Measuring people’s changes in cognitive abilities is a better predictor of Alzheimer’s disease than changes in biomarkers, researchers from the Benito Menni Complex Assistencial en Salut Mental, Barcelona, Spain, reported in Archives of General Psychiatry, a JAMA journal.”
- “The investigators used a range of tests to assess [Read more…] about Study: Cognitive Markers or Biomarkers to manage Cognitive Health across the Lifespan?
If you happen to be in Barcelona, Spain, on September 14th, make sure to attend Alvaro Fernandez talk there titled “How and Why Digital Technology Will Transform Education, Training and Brain Health”.
- Date: 14/09/2010
- Time: 19:00
- Place: ESADEFORUM. Av. Pedralbes 60–62.
Description: You have a brain. Make it reflect on this provocative vision of how the convergence of demographic and political trends with the discoveries of neuroscience and digital technology can give rise to a global market capable of transforming the way in which we develop and maintain our brains, in order to attain the highest possible level of brain health and performance throughout our lives. The neuroscientist Ramón y Cajal once said: “Every man can, if he so desires, become the sculptor of his own brain”. This has become a prevailing desire, promoted by baby boomers who, as they approach their 60th birthday, embark on a search for lifelong “brain fitness”.
Learn more and Register Here.
Last November, talking with some Japanese colleagues at the World Economic Forum’s Council on the Aging Society, I discovered that it is common there to organize research-driven consortia/ learning labs among for-profit, non-profit and academic organizations interested in the development of “silver industries”, this is, where companies develop product and services specific to the needs of older adults.
I just discovered ‑having been invited to speak there, together with Prof. Shlomo Breznitz- that my native Spain counts with a similar innovative platform. You can see below (in Spanish) the details of my tak in Barcelona on June 22nd, and here you have how the Fundacion Edad y Vida describes itself:
- The Edad&Vida Foundation is a platform where all the different agents involved in contributing to the quality of life of elderly people converge. Edad&Vida is an open space to companies from different economic sectors, social agents and academic entities.
- Edad&Vida is the result of the effort of more than 40 leading companies that belong to different economic sectors. We can find [Read more…] about June 22nd talk @ Fundacion Edad y Vida (Barcelona) on Health in the XXI century