Time for SharpBrains monthly e‑newsletter, discussing the latest innovations for brain health and mental health, and opening in this occasion with an important wake-up call.
- Only 5% of US children ages 8–11 follow screen time, sleep and exercise guidelines recommended for brain development
- Neurofeedback or medication to treat ADHD?
- New study reinforces need for proactive cognitive monitoring after heart surgery
- One-week brain training can increase cognitive flexibility and reduce OCD symptoms
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation shows early promise to ameliorate depression, especially if combined with other therapies and dosage optimized
- 10-minute cognitive test MoCA helps predict long-term motor, cognitive and mortality outcomes after stroke
- The Ontario Brain Institute selects 6 neurotech start-ups for ONtrepreneurs program
- Anticipating ethical implications of DARPA’s neurotechnology push
- Time to adopt Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) as a public health intervention to ease depression?
- Towards a new culture of Brain Health and Brain Fitness
- Best predictor of sustained weight-loss? Prefrontal cortex activation
- Helius Medical and HealthTech Connex partner to develop neuroplasticity clinics in Canada
Happy Halloween and have a great month of November,
The SharpBrains Team