What a rich and cutting-edge 3‑day conversation last week on the future of brain health and brain enhancement.
We enjoyed dozens of fascinating insights and moments — here’s a sample of our favorites:
1. That masterful 40-minute overview by Dr. Tom Insel on the past, present and future of mental health
2. Discussing with Akili’s Eddie Martucci the FDA implications from the significant research findings released just the day before
4. Discovering the latest in EEG, virtual reality/ augmented reality, and photobiomodulation with experts at UCSF, Emotiv, Stanford, AUGMENTx ad VieLight
5. Previewing why Lumosity is getting into Mindfulness
6. Considering the ethics of different methods of cognitive enhancement, including the growing use of consumer-driven brain stimulation
7. Learning about the largest new Randomized Controlled Trial on the impact of lifestyle factors such as exercise and nutrition on healthy brain aging
8. Discussing the upbeat findings about education and cognitive training from a just-published study involving 200,000+ people!
9. Exploring the next 80 years of brain enhancement and Human Computer Interfaces with neuroengineer Randal Koene
10. Hearing the great questions and feedback by Judges during the Brainnovations pitch contests to measure brain health and to improve it, to harness Big Data, to boost workplace productivity and resilience.
Net net, Brain Health and Mental Health will look very different in 2025 than they do today. And not a minute too soon, since the needs and the gaps are so large.
Looking forward to a sharp and prosperous 2018!
PS1: Summit Participants already have full access to all recordings clicking above or HERE (one-year access to 50+ Speakers, 15+ Hours), using same log-in credentials provided during the Summit.
PS2: If you didn’t participate in the Summit but want access all recordings, they are available for purchase HERE ($150; 10%-off discount-code: sharp2018)