We are happy to announce that the Center for BrainHealth at UT Dallas, an esteemed Partner of the 2017 SharpBrains Virtual Summit, is opening a fantastic new home for its Brain Performance Institute.
Leanne Young, executive director of the Brain Performance Institute, makes one crucial point about their mission and vision:
“This isn’t just about preventing dementia, although it’s important to so many. It’s about improving brain performance and health in everyone right now. The institute will help young people focus in school, retrain the minds of those affected by military experiences or sports injuries, strengthen mental acuity among corporate leadership and empower each and every one of us to take charge of our own brains so that we can have healthier, stronger, more energetic brains today and in the future.”
During its public grand opening this Thursday, October 19th, the institute will offer free programs and events throughout the day, and a ticketed lecture in the evening. Guests will be able to attend brain-centric classes, lectures and exhibits that provide practical tips and insights for enhancing brain performance.
- From 1 to 5 p.m. there will be lectures and demonstrations focusing on topics such as ways to optimize mental energy, senior moments, eating a brain healthy diet, creating brain healthy workplaces, mindful meditation, and many more.
- The reception and lecture from 6:15 to 8 p.m. will feature TED-style talks from renowned neurologist Dr. Geoffrey Ling and art pioneer Bonnie Pitman. Tickets to attend the evening event are $40 each and can be purchased online.
If you live in or near Dallas, this is an event you can’t miss.
More about the work at the Center for BrainHealth
Dr. Sandra Bond Chapman, Founder and Chief Director of the Center for BrainHealth at The University of Texas at Dallas, shares some great insights in the presentation below. Enjoy!
News in Context
- Solving the Brain Fitness Puzzle Is the Key to Self-Empowered Aging
- To harness neuroplasticity, start with enthusiasm
- 10 neurotechnologies about to transform brain enhancement and brain health
- Join the 2017 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: Brain Enhancement in the Digital Age (December 5–7th, 2017)