BrainFutures 2017 is a one-and-a-half-day conference featuring renowned leaders sharing research-to-practice innovation to optimize brain health and transform mental health care. Keynote speakers include Dr. Norman Doidge, Dr. Alvaro Pascual-Leone, Dr. John Ratey, Dr. Adam Gazzaley, Alvaro Fernandez, and more. The conference is certified to offer CEU and CME credits.
- Where: Gaylord National Resort (Washington, D.C.)
- When: September 6–7, 2017
Our very own CEO and Editor-in-Chief Alvaro Fernandez will deliver a keynote on The Future of Brain Health and Enhancement.
Description: Hundreds of science labs and companies around the globe are researching and developing new ways to help brain owners be smarter, sharper and healthier. What explains this flurry of activity, and where may it be headed? Which companies, technologies and solutions are gaining the most traction so far, and what are some of the best practices for appropriate use?
Alvaro Fernandez runs SharpBrains, an independent market research firm tracking applied neuroscience. A recognized public speaker, he has been quoted by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, Reuters, and Associated Press, among others. Alvaro is the Editor-in-chief of seminal market reports on Pervasive Neurotechnology and Digital Brain Health, and co-author of the book The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness. He enjoys serving in the World Economic Forum’s Council on the Future of Human Enhancement, and as Judge for MIT Solve’s Brain Health Challenge and for the Global Teacher Prize run by the Varkey Foundation. Alvaro holds an MBA and MA in Education from Stanford University and a BA in Economics from Universidad de Deusto, in his native Spain, and has been named a Young Global Leader by the World Economic Forum.
–> To Learn More, check out the full conference agenda HERE.
SharpBrains readers receive a $100 discount by following this link to register and entering the promotional code SHARPBRAINS as you select tickets at checkout.
Additionally, BrainFutures is offering some scholarship opportunities, which can be requested by contacting Susan Linkous at 443–901-1550 ext. 235 or slinkous at mhamd dot org.
The Conference in Context
- Five reasons the future of brain enhancement is digital, pervasive and (hopefully) bright
- Infographic on the Digital Brain Health Market 2012–2020
- 10 neurotechnologies about to transform brain enhancement and brain health
- 2017 SharpBrains Virtual Summit: Brain Enhancement in the Digital Age (December 5–7th, 2017)
- Neurotechnology can improve our lives…if we first address these Privacy and Informed Consent issues
- Solving the Brain Fitness Puzzle Is the Key to Self-Empowered Aging