Presentation by Alvaro Fernandez at the New York Neuropsychology Group (NYNG) 2017 Annual Spring Conference.
Description: Hundreds of companies around the globe–now including Elon Musk’s Neuralink and even Facebook–are researching and developing new ways to help brain owners be smarter, sharper, and healthier. What explains this flurry of activity, and where may it be headed? What are the opportunities and challenges for the Neuropsychologists of the Future? We will structure the conversation around five emerging and thought-provoking statements:
1. There are 7.5 billion human brains out there, and everyone needs help
2. Lifelong neuroplasticity means all those brains can “sculpt” themselves
3. Mobile, sensing, wearable technologies, coupled with artificial intelligence (AI), provide a new platform to harness that neuroplasticity for good
4. Entrepreneurship and investments are fueling accelerated growth
5. Professionals are stepping up to help educate consumers and patients.
To learn more, read Five reasons the future of brain enhancement is digital, pervasive and (hopefully) bright and explore these 25 Key Resources to Improve Brain Health and Mental Health.