Have you ever wondered how we can maintain SharpBrains website, blog and newsletter without selling any product and with only limited advertising? People often ask us that question, especially once we explain that we don’t sell products (selling products would present a conflict of interest given our mission to “provide individuals, companies and institutions with high-quality, research-based, information and guidance to navigate the growing cognitive and brain fitness market”.)
The answer is, we offer proprietary market research and advisory services to organizations such as these. They want to fully understand emerging Brain Fitness and Cognitive Health trends, opportunities and challenges, in order to make better-informed decisions. Examples:
- leading healthcare providers evaluating cognitive assessment and training options.
— universities and research centers trying to bridge brain research and practice.
— developers of technologies that help assess and/ or train cognitive functions who want a better view of market size, trends and the competitive landscape.
— consulting and training companies interested in understanding market trends to scope their own potential offerings.
— venture capital firms looking for investment ideas and due diligence on existing/ potential deals.
We chose to focus our efforts on providing quality market research and advisory services given the growing confusion in the marketplace and the need for an independent and qualified source of information, market data and best practices. The brain fitness software field (defined as software applications that help assess or train cognitive functions) is projected to exceed $2B by 2015, fueled by an increasing amount of applied research on neuroplasticity and cognition; a rapidly evolving marketplace of products making cognitive claims; and growing consumer and institutional demand. Large and small organizations are already taking the first steps to leverage those technologies.
We are now launching a new Premium Research Sponsors program to partner with pioneering organizations who want to collaborate with us to shape the future of the brain fitness and cognitive health field, by sponsoring and accessing the most up-to-date information on the science and best practices to assess and improve cognitive functioning across the lifespan.
Premium Research Sponsors will gain access to ongoing, exclusive and actionable market intelligence:
1) Organization-wide license to our flagship publication, SharpBrains’ 2008 The State of the Brain Fitness Software Market report (more information Here), providing an overview of the landscape, trends, opportunities and risks. We will give you access to a softcopy (PDF) you can share internally in your organization, and two hardcopies.
2) Organization-wide license to SharpBrains’ Special Reports (most of them available exclusively for Premium Research Sponsors):
— August: Executive Presentation: The State of the Brain Fitness Software Market 2008.
- September: Brain Fitness Centers in Seniors Housing — A Field in the Making (more information Here)
- October: Market Update: April-September 2008 (excerpt Here).
- November: Emerging Applications of Computerized Cognitive Assessments.
- December: Nintendo Brain Age/ Training Case Study — Reinventing the Casual Gaming Market.
3) Provide input into the Editorial Process to select topics for future Special Reports.
4) Included: one-hour consultation to discuss any matter of interest to you and your team.
Fees: $2,500 for full 2008 package. We offer discounts to non-profit and research institutions.
Membership process: You can become a Premium Research Sponsor here. Once we have your order, we will contact you to schedule your one-hour consultation and send you the research documents that are available now.
If you have any questions about the program, please contact us using this Contact Us Form, indicating your Question, Name, Company and Title, and Contact Information. We can email you a nice PDF brochure, in case you want to share the information with other people in your organization.