Welcome to a new edition of Grand Rounds blog carnival, the weekly edition of what’s best in the health and medical blogosphere. This week, twenty four bloggers share data, insights, questions, reflections and more. Enjoy! [Read more…] about Grand Rounds: Best of Health and Medical Blogging
Welcome to Grand Rounds, the weekly collection of best health and medical blog posts. This week we invite you to enjoy a broad range of insights, tips, and first-hand stories, presented as a Q&A conversation with bloggers willing to answer, below, a total of 22 good questions.
- What can one-word prescriptions deliver
- How does food processing change food´s nutritional value
- Can diet Increases Risk of ADHD
- Is alcoholism an illness
- What´s better: steady deterioration over 10 years, or symptom-free life for 9 years followed by rapid deterioration in year 10
- As we talk about wellness…what about developing self-compassion
- Can patients with chronic pain still live a full life
- What is the patient-doctor etiquette for using Facebook and Twitter
- Should patients in an ideal world contract directly with their doctors
- What are patient advocates focusing on these days
On Health Care professionals [Read more…] about Grand Rounds: 22 Health and Medicine Questions and Answers
TwoÃ‚Â excellent blog carnivals-enjoy these superb editions, and discover many new quality blogs along the way:
-Encephalon Goes to Paris (Hilton) [Of Two Minds]: best of bi-monthly neuroscience and psychology blog postsÃ‚Â
-This Is, Like, Totally Rad Grand Rounds on April 1st, Okay?: best of weekly health and medicine postsÃ‚Â
Update 1: good Carnival of Human Resources
Update 2: Tangled Bank, with great science postsÃ‚Â
A quick note to announce that these blog carnivals (collections of selected blog posts on specific topics) are available:
- Grand Rounds: spectacular edition of the best health and medicine blog carnival, presented in 100% haiku form!
- Encephalon: neuroscience and psychology topics
- Human Resources: good roundup of posts for HR professionals
- Update 1: The Education one just appeared. Great for teachers and school staff
- Update 2: Tangled Bank is online too, with great science-related posts
Also, you can check my new article at the Huffington Post on 10 Habits of Highly Effective Brains.
The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation just contacted us to alert us of what looks like a fun concept: they are doing a major PR push to drive as many people as possible to do an online IQ test in their site, and they will compare averages accross cities, professions Tattoo Artists, Millionaires, Fitness Instructors, Surgeons, Mayors, Talk Jocks and Celebrities)…
The test will be posted online on March 18 at 3pm EST and broadcast to Canada at 8pm.
You can learn more here.