- “Measuring people’s changes in cognitive abilities is a better predictor of Alzheimer’s disease than changes in biomarkers, researchers from the Benito Menni Complex Assistencial en Salut Mental, Barcelona, Spain, reported in Archives of General Psychiatry, a JAMA journal.”
- “The investigators used a range of tests to assess [Read more…] about Study: Cognitive Markers or Biomarkers to manage Cognitive Health across the Lifespan?
We are pleased to announce that full recordings for all presentations delivered during the 2011 SharpBrains Summit: Retooling Brain Health for the 21st Century (March 30 — April 1, 2011) are now available both to Summit Participants and to non-Participants.
You can Learn More Here and Access 40+ Talks and 20+ hours of up-to-date information and analysis of brain science, technology and innovation, delivered by nothing short of a world-class faculty.
–> Registered Summit Participants can access all Session Recordings by clicking on the session titles in the Agenda page and using the same Username and Password they used to participate in the Summit.
–> Didn’t Register to Participate in the 2011 SharpBrains Summit but want to access all Session Recordings (20+ hours, 40+ speakers) Now? You can secure your log-in here.
We hope the information and analysis provided by these 40+ world-class speakers addressing this 3‑day agenda provide excellent value to you: [Read more…] about Full Recordings Available Now: 2011 SharpBrains Summit
We are pleased to make eleven important announcements about the upcoming 2011 SharpBrains Virtual Summit…eleven additional reasons to consider registering and joining our event and community next week.
- Intel Corporation, the “Sponsors of Tomorrow™”, and Lumos Labs have become Summit Gold Sponsors.
- SharpBrains will issue a Certificate of Attendance to participants (20 hours of continuing education).
- Jamie Wilson shares 20 reasons why virtual conferences are the future.
- NIH/ NIA Program Chief Molly Wagster will discuss the new NIH Toolbox for Assessment of Neurological and Behavioral Function.
- Yaakov Stern (Columbia), David Darby (CogState), Keith Wesnes (United BioSource) and Jeffrey Kaye (Orcatech) will explore The Role of Cognitive Health Monitoring Systems.
- Alvaro Fernandez (SharpBrains) and Muki Hansteen-Izora (Intel Corporation) will analyze The State of Innovation and Emerging Marketplace.
- You can still Register and obtain a complimentary copy of SharpBrains’ market report The State of the Brain Fitness Market 2010 (which includes market data, vendor analysis, innovation case studies, research briefs, and more.)
- Michael Merzenich (UCSF), Alvaro Pascual-Leone (Harvard), Walter Greenleaf (VirtuallyBetter) and Kate Sullivan (Walter Reed) will discuss how Innovation gets From Lab to Marketplace.
- Lumos Labs, Brain Resource, Cogmed, Baycrest, CogniFit, and Posit Science will present their latest tools and solutions during Expo Day.
- A total of 19 excellent Summit Partners help us expand Summit’s reach and influence.
- We are planning April/ May social gatherings for Summit participants in 5 cities: San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington DC, NYC, and Toronto, and will help facilitate gatherings in any city/ region with at least 10 Summit participants.
Please visit the 2011 SharpBrains Summit website to Learn More and Register.
Also, please follow us via Twitter and spread the word about the Summit using hashtag #svs11
We look forward to “meeting” many of you next week! Please remember you can enter discount code sharp2011 in order to get 15% off registration fees.
An impressive recent reference book on the future of brain care is Integrative Neuroscience and Personalized Medicine, edited by Evian Gordon and Stephen H. Koslow (Oxford University Press; $89.95).
Book description: This book takes an in depth and hard look at the current status and future direction of treatment predictive markers in Personalized Medicine for the brain from the perspectives of the researchers on the cutting edge and those involved in healthcare implementation. The contents provide a comprehensive text suitable as both a pithy introduction to and a clear summary of the “science to solutions” continuum in this developing field of Personalized Medicine and Integrative Neuroscience. The science includes both measures of genes using whole genome approaches and SNIPS as well as BRAINmarkers of direct brain function such as brain imaging, biophysical changes and objective cognitive and behavioral measurements. More information below.
Dr. Evian Gordon will speak at the upcoming 2011 SharpBrains Summit: Retooling Brain Health for the 21st Century (March 30th — April 1st) and his firm, Brain Resource, is among Summit Sponsors. Thanks to his support, we are pleased to announce the following offer: TEN professionals who register to attend the 2011 SharpBrains Summit over the next 36 hours, from now until Friday March 4th, 7pm US Pacific Time, will each receive a complimentary hardcopy of the book Integrative Neuroscience and Personalized Medicine. If more than ten people register by then, we will select ten names at random.
We are also pleased to announce the addition of 12 new Speakers and Moderators to the 2011 SharpBrains Summit — the resulting agenda is turning out to be nothing short of spectacular (in our, yes, a bit biased judgment):
- Alexandra Morehouse, CMO, AAA North California
- Dr. Evian Gordon, CEO, Brain Resource
- Kathleen Herath, Asst Vice President, Nationwide Insurance
- Dr. David Tal, Director, A.G.E. Matters Clinic
- Paula Psyllakis, Senior Policy Advisor, Ontario Ministry of Research and Innovation
- Veronika Litinski, Advisor, MaRS Life Sciences and Health Care
- Dr. Joshua Steinerman, Assistant Professor, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Dr. Jeffrey Kaye, Director, NIA — ORCATECH
- Dr. John Reppas, Policy Director, Neurotechnology Industry Organization
- Dr. Justin Marley, Chair Mental Health Informatics Group, UK Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Dr. David Darby, Chief Medical Officer, Cogstate
- Dr. John Hart, Medical Science Director, Center for Brain Health at UT-Dallas
-> Learn More and Register to Participate in the Summit Here, and get a chance at getting a complimentary copy of the book Integrative Neuroscience and Personalized Medicine!