Just a quick note: we’ll host a webinar on January 30th to discuss key market predictions based on “The Digital Brain Health Market 2012–2020: Web-based, mobile and biometrics-based technology to assess, monitor and enhance cognition and brain functioning”, our new market report.
Here are 10 predictions, many of which will likely be realized before the end of 2013:
- More than one million adults in North America alone will take a self-administered annual brain health check-up via their iPad or Android tablet.
- More than one million amateur athletes will better manage possible concussions by taking cognitive baseline tests via a mobile device.
- More than 150,000 teenage and adult AAA members will access web-based brain training to become safer drivers.
- Biometrics-aided meditation will become the next big thing in corporate and consumer wellness.
- iPad-based cognitive screenings will inform more diagnoses of Alzheimer’s disease and MCI than neuroimaging.
- Patients with Multiple Sclerosis in at least 10 countries will be offered online cognitive training together with drug-based therapy to help address their condition.
- Insomnia and depression will be first-line treated with computerized Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in at least two national health services.
- The industry’s first brain-based biomarker to predict depression treatment responses will be cleared by the FDA.
- Brain training firm Lumos Labs and/or biometrics-based developer NeuroSky will file for an IPO.
- At least one major insurer will launch an educational campaign to help adults proactively take charge of their own “brain fitness” navigating emerging research and digital brain health tools.
When and how: Wednesday, January 30th, from 1:00 to 2.30pm ET. The webinar will be reserved for individuals and organizations who order the market report. The agenda will include:
- Main market findings and predictions
- Brief updates from CES 2013 in Las Vegas and the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting in Davos
- Introductions and open Q&A
To purchase the full 211-page market report, click HERE.