Dr. Pascale Michelon recently shared with our readers which brain areas and cognitive functions are engaged as we solve the type of brain teaser known as Spot the Difference, where we have to find the differences between two versions of one image:
1) You have to identify the objects that you see: this involves your occipital lobes (in red).
2) You have to analyzed the spatial relationships between the objects that you see: this involves your occipital and parietal lobes (in green).
3) You have to remember what you see in one picture and compare it to what you see in the other picture, that is you have to use your short-term memory: this involves your frontal (in blue) and parietal lobes.
4) You have to mark down the locations where you see a difference: this involves mostly your frontal lobes (for the movement).
Ready! Set! Go!: How many differences can you spot, and which ones?
Source of image: Wikipedia
More fun and challenge for your brain:
- How about trying the same kind of teaser but with photographs?
- For more visual fun with 2 images: Try this highly evolved version of the teaser.
- Visit our Top 50 Teasers…test your brain, enjoy!
i found 11 differences
I see 12!
Joe C says
I think you can debate what is actually a difference or maybe just a fainter bit of colour as each one does not have everything perfectly identical…
JONES MILER says
WHAT’S THE ANSWER?
I got 15
i c 12!
no wait.…. i c 13 now
my bad.…i c 15 now! lol
There are 15 differences. I loaded both images into Photoshop on two layers. I used the difference filter and fifteen, and only fifteen differences were spotted. If there really are any more differences then they are so slight that the author is being a douche.
15. No doubt about it! Any one claiming more than that, will believe nothing is more than zero.
I found 17
i see only 12 can’t find more than that!!
i found like a ton i think i found like 15 or maybe 16 i dont know anymore. they were hard to find at first but then it got super easy!!!!
i found 18!
i see 14
i see 15
people on shelf
cat with lollypop
cookie on tray
there is no difference in the pendulum or pots. green lines dont count, there is 15!
i saw all of it! i’ve seen about 30
I saw 14 differences
16 no doubt about it
15.…. i think
I see 16… Can’t wait for your final answer, Alvaro.