SharpBrains in Scientific American Mind/ Brain Health Blog and Newsletter
We were very happy to discover that Scientific American Mind has highlighted SharpBrains in their June/July 2007 issue!
Here’s what they had to say:
“Everyone knows the importance of staying physically fit. But what about staying mentally fit? Research in the past several years has shown that mental Ã¢â‚¬Å“workoutsÃ¢â‚¬Â may improve memory, relieve stress and even help stave off AlzheimerÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s. This new site is an online gym for the mind, offering a blog about the science of brain fitness and links to relevant research. It also sells Ã¢â‚¬Å“exerciseÃ¢â‚¬Â software and offers personal training.”
If you are here due to that introduction, we’d like to welcome you and show you around a bit. You might enjoy:
- The Neuroscience Interview Series in our brain health blog, in which we interview some of the leading neuroscientists in brain fitness, including:
- Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg on Brain Fitness Programs and Cognitive Training,
- Cognitive Simulations for Basketball Game-Intelligence: Interview with Prof. Daniel Gopher,
- Working Memory Training and RoboMemo: Interview with Dr. Torkel Klingberg,
- Memory training and attention deficits: interview with Notre Dame’s Bradley Gibson,
- and an upcoming interview with Yaakov Stern, the leading researcher behind the Cognitive Reserve theory
- Our collection of Brain Teasers and Puzzles
- A selection of Hot Topics in Brain Health and Fitness
- Or, sign up for our free monthly brain fitness newsletter that keeps you up to date with the latest articles and events in brain fitness
But most of all, enjoy yourself, learn something new, and let us know what you think!