Meme: “The term “meme” (rhyming with “theme”), coined in 1976 by the biologist Richard Dawkins, refers to a “unit of cultural information” which can propagate from one mind to another in a manner analogous to genes.
If you haven’t read Dawkins’ classic book The Selfish Gene…it is never too late to enjoy it!
There are some “memes” floating now around bloggers and I have been “tagged” (included) by 2 of them. So here you have:
My “Simply Sucessful Secrets” habits that I follow close to every day, in more or less that sequence:
- Perform 10–15 minutes of breathing exercises to improve grounding, balance, and breathing capacity
- Spend 10 minutes visualizing and writing down the key objectives for the day
- Eat a nice and healthy lunch-never in front of the computer
- Read something completely unrelated to my work in the evening
- Kiss and compliment my wife before going to sleep-never go unhappy/ stressed to sleep
2) On “5 things you may not know about me”. Senia: thanks for your patience…
- I defined myself as a “Learning micro-organism” in the Stanford class that probably influenced me the most. I love learning, and learning about learning-which is what led me to learning about how the brain works
- Originally from Bilbao, in the Spanish Basque Country, and very proud of it, I am now very happy to be living in the global community of the San Francisco Bay Area
- When I was working very very hard in consulting company McKinsey & Company, I started to take salsa dancing lessons-probably one of my wisest decisions ever
- The other one was to marry my wife Lisa and celebrate a World Wedding Tour to share the party with friends…instead of asking everyone to come to meet us, and given how much we love to travel…we decided to take the wedding on the road, including printing some tour T‑shirts…
- My role models are the social entrepreneurs, many of them friends by now, who devote their lives to solving social problems in very pragmatic and scalable ways. My wife and I have been active in networks such as Ashoka and The Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, so I am then very proud that SharpBrains has just been nominated for the The Tech Museum Awards — Technology Benefiting Humanity.
I tag, for both memes:
- Bora from A Blog Around The Clock
- Brett from Trading Psychology
- Michelle from Trading Mike
- Stephanie from idealawg
- Jane from NakedMedicine
Enjoy the final hours of the weekend!