Here you have a few fun mental exercises to train your attention and working memory (the capacity to hold multiple pieces of information in the mind, and to use them real-time). Given them a try today and over the weekend…they are not as easy as they may sound!
- Say the days of the week backwards, then in alphabetical order. If you speak another language, try doing the same in that language.
- Say the months of the year in alphabetical order. Then, for extra cognitive challenge, try doing so backwards, in reverse alphabetical order.
- Find the sum of your date of birth, mm/dd/yyyy. Want more quick brain teasers? Do the same with friends’ and relatives’ date of birth.
- Quick, name two objects for every letter in your complete name. Work up to five objects, trying to use different items each time.
- Wherever you are, look around and within two minutes, try to find 5 green things that will fit in your pocket, and 5 red objects that are too big to fit.