We are proud to confirm six additional excellent Speakers at the upcoming 2011 SharpBrains Summit (remember, this is a fully virtual event so it requires no travel). Three Speakers are based in the US, two in the UK, one in Australia, and they truly represent a range of perspectives and expertise to discuss, as the Summit tagline promises, Retooling Brain Health for the 21st Century. [Read more…] about Six New Speakers @ 2011 SharpBrains Summit
Quick note: I will be speaking at the UCLA Technology & Aging Conference on Friday, October 29th, in Los Angeles. Please drop me a line or introduce yourself if you are planning to attend.
The Schedule features many good sessions, including one on Brain Fitness:
- Description: Growing scientific evidence suggests that such strategies as physical and mental exercise can improve brain health and cognitive performance. This session will review the latest research supporting brain fitness methods, highlight new cognitive training devices, and discuss the challenge of determining the effectiveness of these technologies.
- Speakers: Bill Reichman (Baycrest), Steven Aldrich (Posit Science), Gary & Rita Considine (Garri Productions), Alvaro Fernandez of (SharpBrains).
- Moderator: Gary Small (UCLA Center on Aging).
To learn more and register: click Here.
We are excited to invite you to the first virtual, global SharpBrains Summit (January 18–20th, 2010). The SharpBrains Summit will feature a dream team of over 25 speakers who are leaders in industry and research from 7 countries, to discuss emerging research, tools and best practices for cognitive health and performance. This inaugural event will expose health and insurance providers, developers, innovators at Fortune 500 companies, investors and researchers, to the opportunities, partnerships, trends, and standards of the rapidly evolving cognitive fitness field.
Learn more and register Here today, at discounted early-bird rates, to receive these benefits:
- Learn: Full access to all Conference live sessions, and Downloadable Recordings and Handouts
- See: latest technologies and products during Expo Day
- Connect and Discuss: become a member of the SharpBrains Network for Brain Fitness Innovation (members-only LinkedIn Group) through the end of 2010, access online chats during the summit, meet other registrants in your city
- Understand the Big Picture: access 10 Research Executive Briefs prepared by leading scientists
On top of those early-bird discounts, we offer an additional 15% discount for SharpBrains readers who want Regular Admission. Discount code: sharp2010. You can register Here.
Monday, January 18th, 2010:
(Preliminary schedule, US Pacific Time)
8–9.15am. Cognition & Neuroplasticity: The New Healthcare Frontier
- Alvaro Fernandez, SharpBrains
- David Whitehouse, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- William Reichman, Baycrest
- P Murali Doraiswamy, Duke University
9.30–11am. Tools for Safer Driving: The Opportunity with Teenagers and Adults
- Steven Aldrich, Posit Science
- Shlomo Breznitz, CogniFit
- Jerri Edwards, University of South Florida
- Peter Christianson, Young Drivers of Canada
Noon‑1.30pm. Baby Boomers and Beyond: Maintaining Cognitive Vitality
- Kunal Sarkar, Lumos Labs
- Elizabeth Zelinski, USC Davis School of Gerontology [Read more…] about Invitation to SharpBrains Summit — Technology for Cognitive Health and Performance
You can see speakers and agenda by clicking on SharpBrains Summit. Please register if you are interested in participating: January 18–20th 2010 (Pacific Time).
- Conference: January 18–19th. 9–10 panels to discuss Market and Research Insights, together with online discussions.
- Expo Day: January 20th. Product demos by Sponsors.
Confirmed speakers and themes:
Monday, January 18th, 2010:
Cognition and Neuroplasticity: The New Healthcare Frontier
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO, SharpBrains
- David Whitehouse, Chief Medical Officer, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- William Reichman, President, Baycrest
- P Murali Doraiswamy, Biological Psychiatry Division Head, Duke University
Tools for Safer Driving: Teenagers and Older Adults
- Steven Aldrich, CEO, Posit Science
- Peter Christianson, President of Young Drivers of Canada
- Jerri Edwards, Assoc. Professor University of South Florida
Clinical Applications: Researching, Identifying, Treating Cognitive Deficits
- Keith Wesnes, Practice Leader, United BioSource Corporation
- Jonas Jendi, CEO, Cogmed
- Michel Noir, President, Scientific Brain Training
- Elkhonon Goldberg, Chief Scientific Advisor, SharpBrains