Heads-up: The recordings for the webinar on The State of Noninvasive Neurotechnology, held on May 19th, are already available on YouTube. Dr. Ricardo Gil-da-Costa (above) and Alvaro Fernandez (below) gave an excellent outlook on the brain tech industry, with a deep look into apps and wearables and the capabilities that human brain could achieve. We hope you enjoy the discussion.
For 19 years, Dr. Ricardo Gil-da-Costa’s pursuit of how the mind and brain work led him to behavioral field studies in Africa and Central America and neurophysiology laboratory research from Harvard University to the U.S. National Institutes of Health and the Salk Institute for Biological Studies. Most recently, he co-founded and serves as C.E.O. of Neuroverse, Inc., a neurotechnology company that has created a new class of mobile brain interfaces for health and consumer electronics applications.
Alvaro Fernandez runs SharpBrains, an independent market research firm tracking applied neuroscience. He is the Editor-in-Chief of seminal market reports on Pervasive Neurotechnology and Digital Brain Health, and co-author of the book The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age. He enjoys serving in the World Economic Forum’s Council on the Future of Neurotechnology, and in the Global Teacher Prize Academy run by the Varkey Foundation.
The Event in Context:
- Neuroscience Webinar Series by the Fundación Innovación Bankinter
- Three ways to protect your mental health during –and after– COVID-19
- New report: Empowering 8 Billion Minds via Ethical Development and Adoption of Neurotechnologies
- Infographic on the Digital Brain Health Market 2012–2020
- Five reasons the future of brain enhancement is digital, pervasive and (hopefully) bright
- Ten neurotechnologies about to transform brain enhancement & health
- 10 highlights from the 2019 SharpBrains Virtual Summit