It’s remarkable how quickly things are changing, finally, in brain health and mental health — see for example what’s new with Interaxon, Akili, NeuraMetrix, Apple, Calm, Halo Neuroscience, Mindstrong Health, Novartis, Pear Therapeutics, and lifelong neurogenesis, all in the last 6 months!
- Cognitive training, diet, exercise, and vascular management seen to improve cognition even in people with genetic predisposition for dementia (APOE e4)
- Brain imaging show that patients with Alzheimer’s disease can still remember and enjoy their favorite songs
- Physical exercise doesn’t slow down dementia once it appears, study shows
- Initial study finds promise and limitations in using virtual reality (VR) to treat ADHD
- tDCS coming to an Equinox gym near you: Good, Bad or Depends?
- Could technology help cure depression among older adults? (Short answer: Yes)
- Six tips for social-emotional learning (SEL) to transfer into real-world skills
- Large study to assess impact on early brain development of financial assistance to low-income mothers
- New book highlights continued brain development throughout adolescence, even into our 20s
- Presentation on Neuroscience, Education and Lifelong Learning (in Spanish)
Have a great month of June,
The SharpBrains Team