- What: Neuropsychology of the future and how we can prepare for it today
- When: Saturday May 6th, 2017, 10 am – 1 pm
- Where: Podell Auditorium in Bernstein Pavilion, Mount Sinai Beth Israel 10 Nathan D Perlman Place NY, NY 10003
Please join prominent neuropsychologists and industry leaders to explore the future of neuropsychology and how you can harness recent findings and technologies to prepare for impending changes. As we see the intersection of neuropsychology with other fields (multi-modal imaging, technology, biomarkers, etc.), we need to be well-equipped to understand and integrate novel concepts and interventions. We will discuss such issues as:
- Should assessment be the endpoint, or is personalized treatment/intervention based on assessment/monitoring the future focus?
- Will technology replace or augment neuropsychologists?
- How can we lead the industry and help create tests with companies such as Pearson?
- What’s the alternative to scoring tests by hand?
Robert Bilder, PhD ABPP-CN, Professor of Psychology and Psychiatry, UCLA, Semel Institute for Neuroscience & Human Behavior.
- Suggested reading: Bilder, R. (2011). Neuropsychology 3.0: evidence-based science and practice. Journal of the International Neuropsychological Society, 17, 7–13.
Alvaro Fernandez, MA, MBA, CEO and Editor-in-Chief, SharpBrains.
- Suggested reading: 5 Facts You Need To Know To Understand, Navigate And Enjoy The Digital Brain Health Revolution
James Holdnack, PhD, Senior Scientist, Pearson Clinical Assessment
William B. Barr, Ph.D., ABPP, Director, Neuropsychology Division, Department of Neurology, NYU-Langone Medical Center