Looking for some fun–and free–cognitive stimulation over the weekend? Here you have a few quick brain teasers to challenge your attention and your working memory (working memory is the capacity to keep information in your mind while working on processing and integrating it)
Please give them a try…they are not as easy as they may seem 🙂
- 1. Say the days of the week backwards, then in alphabetical order. (Speak other languages? Try doing the same in Spanish, French, Mandarin…)
- 2. Say the months of the year in alphabetical order. Easy? Well, why don’t you try doing so backwards, in reverse alphabetical order.
- 3. Find the sum of all the digits in your date of birth, mm/dd/yyyy. Want a tougher mind teaser? Do the same with your spouse’s or best friend’s date of birth (without looking it up…)
- 4. Name two objects for every letter in your first name. Work up to five objects, trying to use different items each time.
- 5. Within two minutes, look around wherever you are and try to find 5 red things that will fit in your pockets, and 5 blue objects that are too big to fit.
PS: If you want even more, check out these 50 brain teasers, games and visual illusions. Free, and fun for adults of any age!