Advanced Brain Monitoring develops neurotechnology and sleep medicine. The neurotechnology focus includes research and medical grade EEG devices under the brands B‑Alert and Stat X‑Series — both wireless so that alertness and brain states can be monitored on the go. For sleep medicine, ABM develops Sleep Profiler, InsomniCare, Apnea Guard, and Night Shift, all of which are intended to assess and treat disorders of sleep. Over its 15 year existence Advanced Brain Monitoring has enabled over 100 research publications and received grants from the National Institute of Health and the Department of Defense.
- Location: Carlsbad, CA
- Number of employees: <100
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 8
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 4
*Advanced Brain Monitoring ranked #27 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US6625485: Method for the quantification of human alertness
- US6381481: Portable EEG electrode locator headgear
- US6640122: EEG electrode and EEG electrode locator assembly
- US8355769: System for the assessment of sleep quality in adults and children
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.