NeuroSky is a ten-year-old private company focused on biosensor innovation. Their primary products are EEG sensors (for the mind) and ECG sensors (for the body). Though NeuroSky does have its own proprietary headset, MindWave, for use in computer applications and gaming, its ThinkGear EEG technology is used in partnership with a variety of other consumer products, including toys and novelty items, that have found success in the US market as well as in Asia. On the ECG side, NeuroSky’s CardioChip can be used in a wide range of applications for health monitoring, sports, and HRV guidance.
- Location: San Jose, CA
- Number of employees: <100
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 6
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 9
*NeuroSky ranked #12 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US8271075: Audio headset with bio-signal sensors
- US8301218: Contoured electrode
- US8155736: EEG control of devices using sensory evoked potentials
- US8391966: Sensory-evoked potential (SEP) classification/detection in the time domain
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.