One of the world’s largest medical technology companies, Medtronic manufactures devices to treat cardiovascular, diabetes, and musculoskeletal conditions, in addition to neurological conditions. Medtronic’s Neuromodulation business includes Deep Brain Stimulation, Spinal Cord Stimulation, Gastric Stimulation, and Sacral Stimulation divisions.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Stock Ticker: NYSE: MDT
- Number of employees: 10,000+
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 80
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 85
*Medtronic ranks #3 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US8187181: Scoring of sensed neurological signals for use with a medical device system
- US8121694: Therapy control based on a patient movement state
- US8209009: System and method for segmenting a cardiac signal based on brain stimulation
- US7155278: Neurostimulation to treat effects of sleep apnea
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.