Founded in 1979, Advanced Neuromodulation Systems developed into a technology leader for implantable neuromodulation devices. ANS specializes in Spinal Cord Stimulation (SCS), which can be used for chronic pain treatments. ANS holds patents for techniques to modulate neural activity via stimulation of various kinds. Since 2005 ANS has operated as a subsidiary of St. Jude Medical.
- Location: Plano, TX
- Stock Ticker: NYSE: STJ
- Number of employees: 100–999
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 31
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 24
*Advanced Neuromodulation Systems ranks #2 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US6990377: Systems and methods for facilitating and/or effectuating development, rehabilitation, restoration, and/or recovery of visual function through neural stimulation
- US7483747: Systems and methods for enhancing or affecting neural stimulation efficiency and/or efficacy
- US7756584: Methods and apparatus for effectuating a lasting change in a neural-function of a patient
- US7024247: Systems and methods for reducing the likelihood of inducing collateral neural activity during neural stimulation threshold test procedures
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.