Less shrinkage: This is your aging brain on the Mediterranean diet (Los Angeles Times):
“The aging brain is a shrinking brain, and a shrinking brain is, generally speaking, a brain whose performance and reaction time are declining: That is a harsh reality of growing older.
But new research shows that brain shrinkage is less pronounced in older folks whose diets Read the rest of this entry »
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Dear SharpBrains friend,
As Dr. Robert Bilder, Tan Le and myself finalize the curriculum for the upcoming virtual lecture on April 21st, we are working hard to select the key brain-related facts that everyone should truly understand in order to navigate the growing stream of news articles, research reports and marketing claims. Focusing on 25 fundamental facts (instead of the 50 initially envisioned) will enable us to discuss each in more depth, empowering participants with more clear and solid take-aways.
With those 25 Must-Know Facts we will zoom into the most significant (and often overlooked) areas in the brain fitness jigsaw puzzle you can see above. We won’t discuss generalities, we will discuss specifics about:
- How the brain works, and what neuroplasticity is
- What new scientific findings mean (and what they don’t mean)
- Key guidelines for aerobic exercise, nutrition, mental stimulation, stress management, socialization
- The do’s and don’ts in leveraging technology for meditation, reframing, bio/ neurofeedback, cognitive training
- How to self-monitor, find individual priorities, prioritize options
We hope you will be able to register and join us! (use this 20%-off discount when you register: SB20)
Finally, let me answer a few questions we have received from many interested participants:
- Will I be able to ask questions? Yes, of course. We want this to be a very interactive session, and to respond to your specific questions. We will reserve at least 30 minutes for Q&A.
- What if I can’t attend the lecture live? Everything will be recorded (both the lecture and the Q&A) so registered participants will be able to access it later, starting the day after the webinar.
- If I register, when do I gain access to all those recordings from the 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit that you are offering on a complimentary basis? Once you register to the April 21st virtual lecture, you will receive an email within 24 hours with instructions to access all online recordings (15+ hours; 30+ amazing speakers…the regular price of these recordings is $125, so we hope as many of you as possible can benefit from this one-time opportunity).
Cheers, and hope to “see you” soon!
Match made in nutritional heaven: Nestlé launches Wellness Club (press release):
‘Nestlé Japan has launched the company’s first personalised health support service. Nestlé Wellness Club provides subscribers with nutritional support based on data about their physical activity, dietary information and brain training scores, Read the rest of this entry »
By: Dr. David Rabiner
Are dietary interventions effective for treating ADHD? This has been a controversial question over the years with strong proponents on both sides of the issue. For many parents and professionals, trying to parse through the different claims about the impact of diet on ADHD has been challenging and confusing. Read the rest of this entry »
We are proud to announce that Dr. Elizabeth Frates, Director of Medical Student Education at the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, will speak at the 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (October 28-30th) about How front-line professionals can incorporate the emerging brain health toolkit to their practices.
Dr. Elizabeth (Beth) Frates is trained as a physiatrist as well as a health and wellness coach. Read the rest of this entry »