Feb 25, 2016
eNewsletter: Aerobic and mental training, combined, can significantly improve brain and cognitive health
Time for a new edition of SharpBrains’ eNewsletter, covering a range of brain, health and innovation topics. Enjoy!
- What Everyone Should Know About Stress, Brain Health, and Dance
- Virtual “Brain Games” roundtable: Why we can–and should–train our brains
- Why shouldn’t behavioral therapy, instead of medication, be first-line treatment for ADHD?
- Identifying and treating the brain roots of mental illness
- Combining aerobic and mental training can significantly improve brain and cognitive health
- Neuroscientists pinpoint the brain and performance impact of a (perceived) judgmental audience
- A personalized brain fitness program can help grow hippocampal volume and improve brain function
- Hearing aids, by reducing cognitive load, can improve brain function in persons with hearing loss
- Brain scans may predict depression risk better than clinical rating scales
- Neurotech + Virtual Reality firm MindMaze raises $100m
- Neurotrack raises $6.5m to market digital cognitive assessment and intervention
- Brain modelling platforms, such as Baycrest’s Virtual Brain, to accelerate brain health innovation
- Targeted neurotechnology to augment–perhaps even take over–neuropharmacology
And, a couple of fun brain teasers:
- Does perception equal reality? Try this quick optical illusion
- Test your mental self-rotation skills with this quick brainteaser
Have a great month of March!
The SharpBrains Team