We are excited to invite you to the first virtual, global SharpBrains Summit (January 18–20th, 2010). The SharpBrains Summit will feature a dream team of over 25 speakers who are leaders in industry and research from 7 countries, to discuss emerging research, tools and best practices for cognitive health and performance. This inaugural event will expose health and insurance providers, developers, innovators at Fortune 500 companies, investors and researchers, to the opportunities, partnerships, trends, and standards of the rapidly evolving cognitive fitness field.
Learn more and register Here today, at discounted early-bird rates, to receive these benefits:
- Learn: Full access to all Conference live sessions, and Downloadable Recordings and Handouts
- See: latest technologies and products during Expo Day
- Connect and Discuss: become a member of the SharpBrains Network for Brain Fitness Innovation (members-only LinkedIn Group) through the end of 2010, access online chats during the summit, meet other registrants in your city
- Understand the Big Picture: access 10 Research Executive Briefs prepared by leading scientists
On top of those early-bird discounts, we offer an additional 15% discount for SharpBrains readers who want Regular Admission. Discount code: sharp2010. You can register Here.
Monday, January 18th, 2010:
(Preliminary schedule, US Pacific Time)
8–9.15am. Cognition & Neuroplasticity: The New Healthcare Frontier
- Alvaro Fernandez, SharpBrains
- David Whitehouse, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- William Reichman, Baycrest
- P Murali Doraiswamy, Duke University
9.30–11am. Tools for Safer Driving: The Opportunity with Teenagers and Adults
- Steven Aldrich, Posit Science
- Shlomo Breznitz, CogniFit
- Jerri Edwards, University of South Florida
- Peter Christianson, Young Drivers of Canada
Noon‑1.30pm. Baby Boomers and Beyond: Maintaining Cognitive Vitality
- Kunal Sarkar, Lumos Labs
- Elizabeth Zelinski, USC Davis School of Gerontology [Read more…] about Invitation to SharpBrains Summit — Technology for Cognitive Health and Performance
You can see speakers and agenda by clicking on SharpBrains Summit. Please register if you are interested in participating: January 18–20th 2010 (Pacific Time).
- Conference: January 18–19th. 9–10 panels to discuss Market and Research Insights, together with online discussions.
- Expo Day: January 20th. Product demos by Sponsors.
Confirmed speakers and themes:
Monday, January 18th, 2010:
Cognition and Neuroplasticity: The New Healthcare Frontier
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO, SharpBrains
- David Whitehouse, Chief Medical Officer, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- William Reichman, President, Baycrest
- P Murali Doraiswamy, Biological Psychiatry Division Head, Duke University
Tools for Safer Driving: Teenagers and Older Adults
- Steven Aldrich, CEO, Posit Science
- Peter Christianson, President of Young Drivers of Canada
- Jerri Edwards, Assoc. Professor University of South Florida
Clinical Applications: Researching, Identifying, Treating Cognitive Deficits
- Keith Wesnes, Practice Leader, United BioSource Corporation
- Jonas Jendi, CEO, Cogmed
- Michel Noir, President, Scientific Brain Training
- Elkhonon Goldberg, Chief Scientific Advisor, SharpBrains
Press release: “Leader in cognition measurement integrates into UBC to maximize measurement precision of pivotal endpoints and ensure data integrity. United BioSource Corporation (UBC) today announced the acquisition of CDR”
Press release (09/10/09): Here
Analysis for members of SharpBrains Network for Brain Fitness Innovation: Here
For context, see our previous article titled Computerized Cognitive Assessments: opportunities and concerns, focused on the OptumHealth — BrainResource partnership and innovative work by the US Army.