Founded in 2012, Happify is best known for digital programs that provided automated self-guided support across various areas of mental health and wellness, such as stress management for employees or health plan members. Should the user need additional support, the platform can also facilitate a referral to third-party coaching, therapy, telemedicine or other available resources. [Read more…] about Happify Health raises $73M to deepen partnerships with pharmaceutical companies and insurance payers
Dear SharpBrains friend,
As Dr. Robert Bilder, Tan Le and myself finalize the curriculum for the upcoming virtual lecture on April 21st, we are working hard to select the key brain-related facts that everyone should truly understand in order to navigate the growing stream of news articles, research reports and marketing claims. Focusing on 25 fundamental facts (instead of the 50 initially envisioned) will enable us to discuss each in more depth, empowering participants with more clear and solid take-aways.
With those 25 Must-Know Facts we will zoom into the most significant (and often overlooked) areas in the brain fitness jigsaw puzzle you can see above. We won’t discuss generalities, we will discuss specifics about:
- How the brain works, and what neuroplasticity is
- What new scientific findings mean (and what they don’t mean)
- Key guidelines for aerobic exercise, nutrition, mental stimulation, stress management, socialization
- The do’s and don’ts in leveraging technology for meditation, reframing, bio/ neurofeedback, cognitive training
- How to self-monitor, find individual priorities, prioritize options
We hope you will be able to register and join us! (use this 20%-off discount when you register: SB20)
Finally, let me answer a few questions we have received from many interested participants:
- Will I be able to ask questions? Yes, of course. We want this to be a very interactive session, and to respond to your specific questions. We will reserve at least 30 minutes for Q&A.
- What if I can’t attend the lecture live? Everything will be recorded (both the lecture and the Q&A) so registered participants will be able to access it later, starting the day after the webinar.
- If I register, when do I gain access to all those recordings from the 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit that you are offering on a complimentary basis? Once you register to the April 21st virtual lecture, you will receive an email within 24 hours with instructions to access all online recordings (15+ hours; 30+ amazing speakers…the regular price of these recordings is $125, so we hope as many of you as possible can benefit from this one-time opportunity).
Cheers, and hope to “see you” soon!
As you probably know, we are in a health care crisis. The number of people with Alzheimer’s disease continues to sky-rocket as people age and may reach crisis proportions. A national goal has been set to prevent and cure Alzheimer’s by 2020 or no later than 2025, with a lion’s share of this money going into drug research, which, while ongoing, has thus far has been elusive.
This focus entirely on drugs may be changing however, as the [Read more…] about To address the upcoming Alzheimer’s “epidemic”, let’s approach 2016 with these 4 Pillars of Alzheimer’s Prevention
We are proud to announce that Dr. Elizabeth Frates, Director of Medical Student Education at the Institute of Lifestyle Medicine, will speak at the 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (October 28–30th) about How front-line professionals can incorporate the emerging brain health toolkit to their practices.
Dr. Elizabeth (Beth) Frates is trained as a physiatrist as well as a health and wellness coach. [Read more…] about Elizabeth Frates, Director of Medical Student Education at the Institute of Life Medicine, to speak @ 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit
What excites you the most about your job?
As President of Power Living Enterprises, it excites me that we are improving people’s lives through our mind-body training, coaching and consulting services, as well as the content we create.
Please tell us about your interest in applied brain science. What areas are you most interested in? What motivated you to pursue work in your field?
The brain has always been fascinating to me. I’m approaching it from the mind-body training and content standpoint. I have an MBA from Harvard and also founded the first yoga studio in Harlem 12 years ago. I blend the two now by training executives in mindfulness, leadership and wellness. [Read more…] about Teresa Kennedy: Total health includes physical AND mental fitness
Employers turning to ‘brain health’ tools to reduce stress, increase productivity (HR.BLR.com):
“Brain health is not just about disease. It’s not just about depression or anxiety,” says [Read more…] about The human resources frontier: enhancing wellness and productivity via better brain health