You can now enjoy the slide deck from this session, which took place at the 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (September 19–20th). [Read more…] about How to maximize the resilience and productivity of human resources
We are excited to invite you to the first virtual, global SharpBrains Summit (January 18–20th, 2010). The SharpBrains Summit will feature a dream team of over 25 speakers who are leaders in industry and research from 7 countries, to discuss emerging research, tools and best practices for cognitive health and performance. This inaugural event will expose health and insurance providers, developers, innovators at Fortune 500 companies, investors and researchers, to the opportunities, partnerships, trends, and standards of the rapidly evolving cognitive fitness field.
Learn more and register Here today, at discounted early-bird rates, to receive these benefits:
- Learn: Full access to all Conference live sessions, and Downloadable Recordings and Handouts
- See: latest technologies and products during Expo Day
- Connect and Discuss: become a member of the SharpBrains Network for Brain Fitness Innovation (members-only LinkedIn Group) through the end of 2010, access online chats during the summit, meet other registrants in your city
- Understand the Big Picture: access 10 Research Executive Briefs prepared by leading scientists
On top of those early-bird discounts, we offer an additional 15% discount for SharpBrains readers who want Regular Admission. Discount code: sharp2010. You can register Here.
Monday, January 18th, 2010:
(Preliminary schedule, US Pacific Time)
8–9.15am. Cognition & Neuroplasticity: The New Healthcare Frontier
- Alvaro Fernandez, SharpBrains
- David Whitehouse, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- William Reichman, Baycrest
- P Murali Doraiswamy, Duke University
9.30–11am. Tools for Safer Driving: The Opportunity with Teenagers and Adults
- Steven Aldrich, Posit Science
- Shlomo Breznitz, CogniFit
- Jerri Edwards, University of South Florida
- Peter Christianson, Young Drivers of Canada
Noon‑1.30pm. Baby Boomers and Beyond: Maintaining Cognitive Vitality
- Kunal Sarkar, Lumos Labs
- Elizabeth Zelinski, USC Davis School of Gerontology [Read more…] about Invitation to SharpBrains Summit — Technology for Cognitive Health and Performance
You can see speakers and agenda by clicking on SharpBrains Summit. Please register if you are interested in participating: January 18–20th 2010 (Pacific Time).
- Conference: January 18–19th. 9–10 panels to discuss Market and Research Insights, together with online discussions.
- Expo Day: January 20th. Product demos by Sponsors.
Confirmed speakers and themes:
Monday, January 18th, 2010:
Cognition and Neuroplasticity: The New Healthcare Frontier
- Alvaro Fernandez, CEO, SharpBrains
- David Whitehouse, Chief Medical Officer, OptumHealth Behavioral Solutions
- William Reichman, President, Baycrest
- P Murali Doraiswamy, Biological Psychiatry Division Head, Duke University
Tools for Safer Driving: Teenagers and Older Adults
- Steven Aldrich, CEO, Posit Science
- Peter Christianson, President of Young Drivers of Canada
- Jerri Edwards, Assoc. Professor University of South Florida
Clinical Applications: Researching, Identifying, Treating Cognitive Deficits
- Keith Wesnes, Practice Leader, United BioSource Corporation
- Jonas Jendi, CEO, Cogmed
- Michel Noir, President, Scientific Brain Training
- Elkhonon Goldberg, Chief Scientific Advisor, SharpBrains
Games for Health and SharpBrains have partnered to bring you the first Cognitive Health Track in a Games for Health Conference, June 11–12th in Boston. If you are interested, in attending the conference, you can learn more and register Here.
To get a 15% off registration fees ($379), you can use discount code: sharp09, when you register Here.
Cognitive Health Track, Powered by SharpBrains
Thursday, June 11th
10.20 (50m) Bird’s Eye View of Cognitive Health Innovation
Speaker(s): Alvaro Fernandez, SharpBrains
Scientific, technological and demographic trends have converged to create a new $265m market in the US alone: serious games, software and online applications that can help people of all ages assess and train cognitive abilities. Alvaro Fernandez will provide a Bird’s Eye View of the science, market segments and trends, competitive landscape, and main challenges ahead, based on The State of the Brain Fitness Software Market 2009 report released in May, which included Research Executive Briefs prepared by 12 leading scientists and a survey of 2,000+ decision-makers and early adopters.
61% of respondents to the survey Strongly Agreed with the statement “Addressing cognitive and brain health should be a healthcare priority.” But, 65% Agreed/Strongly Agreed with “I don’t really know what to expect from products making brain claims.” In this session, Alvaro will publicly unveil the new book The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: 18 Interviews with Scientists, Practical Advice, and Product Reviews, To Keep Your Brain Sharp, co-authored by neuropsychologist Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg and himself, aimed at helping consumers and professionals understand and navigate this growing field.
11.20 (30m) The Allstate-Posit Science Partnership: Cognitive Training for Safer Driving
Speaker(s): Tom Warden, Allstate; Henry Mahncke, Posit Science
Evidence-based cognitive training programs have been available in retirement communities for several years. Now, they are reaching a younger population including Boomers through innovative partnerships, like insurers.
In October 2008 auto insurance company Allstate and brain fitness software developer Posit Science announced a research collaboration that could lead to “potentially the next big breakthrough in automobile safety”. The purpose of this session is to review novel ways of getting the science of cognitive training into the real world where it can help people. Representatives from Allstate and Posit Science will discuss why these partnerships work for insurers, developers, and end users. They will also provide a thorough review of the evaluation process a major partner goes through when selecting a cognitive training company.
12.00 (30m) What Consumers Buy and Why
Speaker(s): Lindsay Gaskins, Marbles: The Brain Store
Launched in October 2008, Marbles: The Brain Store is a retail store that [Read more…] about Cognitive Health Track at Games for Health Conference: Full Schedule Announced!