If so, time to celebrate! Today starts 2010 Brain Awareness Week (opens website with calendar of activities and resources).
First of all, please take the time to say Hello to the new neurons that are being generated in your brain every single day. This morning you’ll have some “baby neurons” that weren’t there last night, thanks to lifelong neurogenesis. Then, consider, how will you put them to good use and help them thrive over time? To guide you here, Dr. Deb summarized the gist of 10 Habits of Highly Effective Brains:
- Use it or lose it.
- Take care of your nutrition.
- Exercise your brain and your body. They nourish each other.
- Practice positive thoughts until they become your default mindset.
- Thrive on learning and mental challenges.
- Aim high and keep learning.
- Explore and travel.
- Don’t Outsource Your Brain. Make your own decisions.
- Develop and maintain stimulating friendships.
- Laugh often.
Your brain will surely appreciate.