This surprising illusion by mathematician and artist Kokichi Sugihara, named the 2016 Illusion of the Year, highlights the critical importance of perspective diversity and open conversation.
brain teasers for teens
Looking for some fun cognitive stimulation to kickstart the week?
Below you’ll find a few brain teasers to challenge your attention and your working memory–the ability to keep information in your mind while manipulating multiple units of information at the same time.
Given them a try … they are not as easy as they may sound 🙂 [Read more…] about Five quick brain teasers to flex those Attention and Working Memory mental muscles
Q: What do our thought processes have in common with walking through the jungle?
A: We only make real progress after acknowledging going in circles.
Q: What is the worst kind of echo?
[Read more…] about Train your brain to think outside the box with these fun riddles
An always delightful way to learn more about our brains and minds is to experience so-called optical illusions and to see how we react to them.
Below you have three fun ones to tease, and probably even puzzle, you mind.
Ready, set, go!
1. Where is that couple’s baby?
Time for the first SharpBrains’ e‑newsletter in the new decade, featuring a range of inspiring and (mostly) promising news about humankind’s evolving quest to enhance the brain and the mind, and a few fun brain teasers 🙂
- The NeuroGeneration and Humankind’s Quest to Enhance the Brain
- UCSF to open innovative neurology clinic to address “diagnostic odyssey”
- For Spanish speakers: watch presentation of El Cerebro Que Cura
- Five profound ways physical exercise shapes your brain and mind
- Having ADHD costs $1.1 million in lower lifetime earnings, even when “treated”
- Reminder: Professional development opportunity with neuropsychologist Dr. Elkhonon Goldberg
- The birth of “everyday” brain-computer interfaces
- Growing interest in (and questions around) brain training centers for kids with special needs
- Neurotech seen at CES 2020: BrainCo prosthetic hand, Urgonight, Alpha-Stim X, NIRSIT Lite, Muse S and FocusFit
A few quick brain teasers to workout your prefrontal cortex:
Have a great February,
The SharpBrains Team
Q: What is by far the most outstanding and surprising of all humankind’s successes?
A: Waking up in the morning.
Q: Of our many tools, which is one of the most powerful, and yet the most pliable?
Q: Who insists that mindless obedience is a sign of intelligence?
A: All of us — when referring to our pets. [Read more…] about 12 quick brain puzzles to welcome a sharp new year