Compumedics develops diagnostic devices for sleep (polysomnography) and other neurological conditions (EEG, EMG, epilepsy, TCD). Their products fall under the brands Grael, E‑series, Somte, Siesta, and Safiro and are aimed at hospitals, clinics, and home service providers. Founded in 1987, Compumedics remains a private company.
- Location: Abbotsford, Australia
- Stock Ticker: ASX:CMP
- Number of employees: 100–999
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 13
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 6
*Compumedics ranked #22 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US7840248: Online source reconstruction for eeg/meg and ecg/mcg
- US6575902: Vigilance monitoring system
- US8069852: Method and apparatus for maintaining and monitoring sleep quality during therapeutic treatments
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.