Neuronetics received FDA clearance for NeuroStar TMS Therapy in 2008. NeuroStar uses transcranial magnetic stimulation as a form of neuromodulation to treat depression in patients who have not responded adequately to other depression treatments. The coil design was originally licensed from Emory University IP.
- Location: Malvern, PA
- Number of employees: 100–999
- Pervasive neurotech US patent grants: 21
- Pervasive neurotech US pending applications: 9
*Neuronetics ranked #8 in SharpBrains’ Pervasive Neurotech IP Strength Index, thanks to patents such as:
- US6926660: Facilitating treatment via magnetic stimulation
- US7651459: Method and apparatus for coil positioning for TMS studies
- US7104947: Determining stimulation levels for transcranial magnetic stimulation
- US8118722: Reducing discomfort caused by electrical stimulation
To learn more about SharpBrains’ take on the organization’s #PervasiveNeurotech IP portfolio, and overall data and trends, click on Pervasive Neurotechnology: A Groundbreaking Analysis of 10,000+ Patent Filings Transforming Medicine, Health, Entertainment, and Business.