Heads-up: Alvaro Fernandez will speak at the 2013 Neuroleadership Summit taking place next week in Washington, DC, with an overall theme of “The Neuroscience of Leadership Effectiveness.” His session is titled Technology Solutions and promises to spark stimulating conversations: Read the rest of this entry »
Register now to participate in the 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (September 19-20th, 2013) and see what these impressive speakers have to say about these key open questions – How can neuroscience-based innovation enhance behavioral and brain health?
We are proud to bring to the table 25+ innovators at the intersection of brain, health and technology, including scientists involved in the Human Brain Project, pioneers at large insurance and technology companies, and a variety of thought-leaders and practitioners. By order of appearance in the preliminary Agenda, they are:
- Hilal Lashuel, Associate Professor at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology-Lausanne (EPFL)
- Patrick Aebischer, President of École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL)
- Andrew Lee, Vice President at Aetna
- Louise Murphy, Head of Aetna Behavioral Health
- Evian Gordon, Executive Chairman of Brain Resource Read the rest of this entry »
Technology and innovation expert Jerry Michalski hosted on May 6th a great Yi-Tan Conversation titled Change Your Brain Trajectory, discussing the new book The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Optimize Brain Health and Performance at Any Age with co-author Alvaro Fernandez.
–> You can listen to the 16-minute summary HERE
Description: We occasionally take excursions into our gray matter. Read the rest of this entry »
Is Your Brain Being Wired By Technology? (Center for BrainHealth at UT-Dallas):
“…Research shows we are exposed to three times more information today as compared to four decades ago. This information overload leads to more multitasking and forces us to push our brain to do things it was not built to do. Technology is allowing us, pushing us to Read the rest of this entry »
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Over 50 insightful and fun members of the worldwide SharpBrains community had the opportunity to gather in DC, New York and San Francisco last month in order to meet in person –often for the first time!- and to discuss next steps to drive meaningful innovation in the brain health and fitness space.
It is our pleasure to invite SharpBrains Summit participants to contribute to, and to learn from, this growing network, by asking them to please: Read the rest of this entry »
Reminder:—> Join Live Q&A with Alvaro Fernandez by clicking HERE, today November 15th at 11am Pacific Time/ 2pm Eastern Time. Chat about the present and future of cognition, learning, brain training, technology and more with Alvaro Fernandez, co-founder of SharpBrains.com and co-author of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness. You can also learn more about the Brain Fitness Q&A Series.
Front Porch Center for Technology Innovation and Wellbeing Receives Grant for the Model eHealth Community for Aging (press release):
- ” The Front Porch Center for Technology Innovation and Wellbeing (Front Porch Center), a 501©(3) founded on the belief that technology innovation plays a vital role in enhancing wellbeing, was awarded eHealth equipment valued at approximately $207,000 through the Model eHealth Communities initiative at UC Davis Health System and the Read the rest of this entry »