Feb 24, 2017 0
Time for a new edition of SharpBrains’ e-newsletter exploring the latest in brain health.
- Study debunks 4 common myths about brain training and lifelong cognitive enhancement
- Don’t overlook sleep difficulties in children with ADHD; they may impair functioning as much as ADHD itself
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), not medication, drives long-term rewiring of the brain to help reduce psychosis symptoms
- Four reasons the future of brain health is digital, pervasive and bright
- Readers around the globe are enjoying The SharpBrains Guide book in multiple languages: the English edition has received 100+ excellent customer reviews in the US alone (plus great comments in Canada, the UK and Australia); the Spanish edition has earned spectacular comments in the US, Spain and Mexico; and the Japanese and Polish editions are doing very well. Thank you, Gracias, Arigato, Dziekuje Ci, Obrigados. Please help us spread the word 🙂
- 10 Finalists announced for the $1M Global Teacher Prize
- Past and Future Pervasive Neurotechnologies, as seen through 50 Key Patents. As part of our new series, here are a few selected foundational patents, especially relevant for those interested in technology and innovation:
- Courtesy of Microsoft, Managing information flow based on user’s mental state and cognitive load and Anticipating wearables, machine learning and cognitive enhancement
- Improving driving safety with alarms triggered by impending sleep state, detected via brain signals
- Remote computer-implemented methods for cognitive testing (Scientific Learning; Lumos Labs)
- Testing and training cognitive ability (CogniFit)
- Computer modeling meets Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) (Brainlab)
Finally, if you’re looking for some extra mental stimulation, don’t forget to check out our Top 25 Brain Teasers, Games and Illusions.
Have a great month of March!
The SharpBrains Team