Note: The full recording from the 90-minute virtual lecture is already available to registered participants, together with other resources (please contact us if you have any log-in difficulties). If you didn’t register, please subscribe to our eNewsletter and we’ll notify you when the recording beomes available for purchase.
By: Alvaro Fernandez
Dear SharpBrains friend,
As Dr. Robert Bilder, Tan Le and myself finalize the curriculum for the upcoming virtual lecture on April 21st, we are working hard to select the key brain-related facts that everyone should truly understand in order to navigate the growing stream of news articles, research reports and marketing claims. Focusing on 25 fundamental facts (instead of the 50 initially envisioned) will enable us to discuss each in more depth, empowering participants with more clear and solid take-aways.
With those 25 Must-Know Facts we will zoom into the most significant (and often overlooked) areas in the brain fitness jigsaw puzzle you can see above. We won’t discuss generalities, we will discuss specifics about:
- How the brain works, and what neuroplasticity is
- What new scientific findings mean (and what they don’t mean)
- Key guidelines for aerobic exercise, nutrition, mental stimulation, stress management, socialization
- The do’s and don’ts in leveraging technology for meditation, reframing, bio/ neurofeedback, cognitive training
- How to self-monitor, find individual priorities, prioritize options
We hope you will be able to register and join us! (use this 20%-off discount when you register: SB20)
Finally, let me answer a few questions we have received from many interested participants:
- Will I be able to ask questions? Yes, of course. We want this to be a very interactive session, and to respond to your specific questions. We will reserve at least 30 minutes for Q&A.
- What if I can’t attend the lecture live? Everything will be recorded (both the lecture and the Q&A) so registered participants will be able to access it later, starting the day after the webinar.
- If I register, when do I gain access to all those recordings from the 2015 SharpBrains Virtual Summit that you are offering on a complimentary basis? Once you register to the April 21st virtual lecture, you will receive an email within 24 hours with instructions to access all online recordings (15+ hours; 30+ amazing speakers…the regular price of these recordings is $125, so we hope as many of you as possible can benefit from this one-time opportunity).
Cheers, and hope to “see you” soon!
Lumosity’s Stumble Reveals How We Think About Thinking (BuzzFeed News):
“The ads were pervasive, popping up on CNN, Fox News, NPR, and Google searches. And they were persuasive: Playing Lumosity games would do your brain good…But these claims sounded a little too rosy to the Federal Trade Commission, which Read the rest of this entry »
What will you be doing on Thursday April 21st?
We encourage you to join a fascinating SharpBrains webinar that day, and discover 50 core facts required to better navigate and apply latest brain science. Our distinguished Faculty–Dr. Robert Bilder @ UCLA, Tan Le @ Emotiv, Alvaro Fernandez @ SharpBrains–will clarify hot topics such as genetics vs. lifestyle, IQ vs creativity and resilience, left/ right brain hemispheres, cognitive enhancement, brain supplements, learning styles, brain training, meditation, neurofeedback, neurogenesis, neuroplasticity, and more.
When: Thursday, April 21st, 2016. 10:30am-noon US Pacific Time/ 1.30-3pm US Eastern Time.
To Learn More & Register:
- Click HERE (USD 50)
- 20%-off discount code for the SharpBrains community: SB20
Cheers and let’s all become well-informed brain owners and brain health ambassadors!
Heads-up: Our very own Alvaro Fernandez will present a keynote on the neurotechnology innovation landscape this Thursday, March 3rd, at the Womensphere Emerging Leaders Global Summit.
Themed Advancing Women’s Leadership & Innovation in Technology, the Summit will convene and empower Read the rest of this entry »
Meditating in virtual reality (Peninsula Press):
“Imagine you are on a beach in Bali practicing yoga at dawn, watching the sun rise beyond the lagoon. The image is so vivid that you almost forget you are actually sitting in an office in San Francisco, wearing a virtual reality (VR) headset. Read the rest of this entry »
By: Alvaro Fernandez
What a fantastic event this was — thank you to the over 200 registered Summit participants in 15 countries for your contributions during three very stimulating days at the leading edge of brain health and technology!
All Session Recordings are now available: 30+ Speakers, 15+ Hours of Discussion including both talks and Q&A sessions.
How to Watch the Summit Recordings:
a) If you participated in the Summit, you can click on any session in the Summit Agenda, and use same log-in credentials
b) If you didn’t, you can register and purchase access Here ($125)