Aug 29, 2014 0
Time for SharpBrains’ August 2014 e-newsletter, featuring a wealth of insights, science and technology reports…and this brain teaser to exercise your mental rotation abilities. Enjoy!
- How to incorporate mindfulness into psychotherapy
- Challenging the outdated “fixed brain” dogma, the cognitive training market keeps growing
- Increased awareness and use of cognitive assessments seen as dementia-related priorities by RAND policy brief
- Playing table tennis to enhance mental health
- Beauty in and out: Brain training workshop @ Estée Lauder
- Use of methylphenidate-based ADHD medication increases the risk of heart problems
- Why brain training needs to be better targeted, and more widely available
- To treat depression, we will likely combine neuroplasticity-based brain training games with antidepressants
- To preserve if not enhance intelligence, work on speed of information processing
- Philips and Accenture develop ALS care proof of concept on top of Emotiv brain wave headset
- Gaiam and Reebok entering mental fitness market via InteraXon Muse partnerships
- The mental health screenings of the future, as hinted by Ellie the virtual therapist
Finally, we encourage you to check out the excellent Agenda for the 2014 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (October 28-30th, 2014). To chair the sessions, we now count on experts such as Dr. Michael O’Donnell, Editor-In-Chief of the American Journal of Health Promotion, Zack Lynch, Executive Director of the Neurotechnology Industry Organization, James Cavuoto, Editor and Publisher at Neurotech Reports, and journalists such as Patricia Marx, Staff Writer at The New Yorker and Maseena Ziegler, Author and Forbes Contributor.
Have a great month of September!