Mar 23, 2017 0
Update: To honor Brain Awareness Week 2017, let’s highlight 10 Key Facts To Harness Neuroplasticity And Improve Brain Fitness
Last week was Brain Awareness Week, so let’s first of all discuss these 10 Key Facts to Harness Neuroplasticity & Improve Brain Fitness coming from the hundreds of scientific and medical studies we analyzed to prepare the book The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness: How to Improve Brain Health and Performance at Any Age.
And here’s the rest of SharpBrains’ e-newsletter exploring the latest in brain health and mental performance.
- Mindfulness training for teachers can result in a better learning environment for students
- Rates of ADHD diagnosis and medication treatment continue to increase substantially
- New brain imaging methods help detect giant, superconnected neurons such as this one (in a mouse’s brain)
- Neuroplasticity as seen by one of its earliest scientific proponents: Neuroscience pioneer Santiago Ramón y Cajal
- Canadian teacher Maggie MacDonnell wins annual $1M Global Teacher Prize
- 100 newly recognized Young Global Leaders train their brains (and others’) by tackling complex challenges with innovative approaches
New tools (via SharpBrains’ analysis of neurotech patents):
- The future of personalized brain stimulation via enhanced cognitive-emotive profiles
- Tailoring computing experience based on user’s mental state and quality of attention
- Treating sleep-related breathing conditions–such as sleep apnea–via EEG brainwave analysis
- Facilitating clinical treatments via Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Have a nice Spring!
The SharpBrains Team