Dec 1, 2015
Looking for some fun, and free, cognitive stimulation? Here you have a few quick brain teasers to exercise your attention and your working memory–the ability to keep information in your mind while working on integrating, processing it. Given them a try…they are not as easy as they seem.
- 1. Say the days of the week backwards, then in alphabetical order. (Speak other languages? Try doing the same in Spanish, French, Mandarin…)
- 2. Say the months of the year in alphabetical order. Easy? Well, why don’t you try doing so backwards, in reverse alphabetical order.
- 3. Find the sum of your date of birth, mm/dd/yyyy. Want a tougher mind teaser? Do the same with your spouse’s or best friend’s date of birth (without looking it up…)
- 4. Name two objects for every letter in your first name. Work up to five objects, trying to use different items each time.
- 5. Look around wherever you are and, within two minutes, try to find 5 red things that will fit in your pockets, and 5 blue objects that are too big to fit.
Next brain teaser in SharpBrains’ top 25 series:
- #6. Count the Fs in this sentence