Time for SharpBrains’ August 2013 e‑newsletter, featuring 8 excellent interviews with Speakers and Participants in the 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (September 19–20th), 7 insightful media stories, and more. Enjoy!
- Sandra Chapman: Using innovative thinking, and brain training, we can rewire the brain at every level
- Lynn Steffes: Let’s better integrate physical therapy and cognitive fitness
- Cori Lathan: It’s time for an annual brain check-up, a “brain thermometer”
- Robert Bilder: We are embarking on the next stage of human evolution
- Dharma Singh Khalsa: Why are yoga and meditation often overlooked for healthy brain aging?
- Stephanie Korszen: Let’s improve mental self-awareness, starting with the role of fatigue
- Sherrie All: A neuropsychologist shaping the future of cognitive wellness
- John Todor: To reach brain potential, we need less individual “improv”
SharpBrains in the News:
- 5 ways to protect your brain, and boost your career (CNNMoney)
- Cuida tu cerebro y mejora tu carrera (CNNExpansion)
- Commercializing neuroscience (The Economist)
- Mentally fit — Workouts at the brain gym (The New Yorker)
- Growth of brain fitness industry prompts creation of new online memory checkup (Canadian Press)
- How to Keep Your Brain Sharp (Greater Good Science Center at UC-Berkeley)
- Brain fitness interview with Alvaro Fernandez (Brain Science Podcast)
Book review contest:
- The winners are: Deborah Zamin, Frank Ra, Matt Barret, Nelson Calderon, Ellen Sommers and Annette Goodman. Thank you very much for your thoughtful and valuable reviews!
Finally, we hope more sharp brains can join us at the 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit (September 19–20th): Here is the full Summit Agenda and here the incredible Speaker Bios.
You can REGISTER HERE with a 20% discount using promotional code: sharp2020