In 2015, Brie Code was working at leading video game company Ubisoft as lead artificial intelligence programmer when she realized that many people she knew – about half, by her estimation – found video games boring. [Read more…] about Trend: Harnessing digital tech to improve mental health and wellness
Pear gets FDA clearance for insomnia therapeutic (MedCity News):
“Pear Therapeutics received marketing authorization for its third product — a digital therapeutic intended to treat chronic insomnia. Called Somryst, the app is available by prescription only. It consists of a nine-week program that includes cognitive behavioral therapy and restricting sleep to a limited window of time [Read more…] about The FDA clears Somryst, Pear’s digital therapeutic to treat chronic insomnia
“Prescription digital therapeutics company Pear Therapeutics announced late last week that it has filed an FDA marketing authorization for Somryst, its digital cognitive behavioral therapy for the treatment of adults with chronic insomnia and depression.
While an approval from the agency would mark the third authorized prescription digital therapeutic for Pear [Read more…] about Can digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBTi) become the universal first-line treatment for insomnia?
Time for SharpBrains’ June e‑newsletter, wrapping up this month’s key news and insights around brain health innovation.
New thinking to promote lifelong brain health
- Why cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) should be first-line treatment for chronic insomnia
- Solving the Brain Fitness Puzzle Is the Key to Self-Empowered Aging
- The Digital Revolution Meets the Human Brain
- El negocio del cerebro, al alza…también en español
Emerging non-invasive neurotechnologies
- New in soccer: Improving concussion awareness via sensing “impact headbands”
- Looking for a mental edge, more professional athletes adopt brain training apps
- From brain surgery towards non-invasive brain stimulation therapies
- Unclear yet if it works, but here comes Thync–the first mainstream, consumer-focused brain stimulation device
- Neurotech initiatives in Switzerland aim at leapfrogging brain health care
Have a great, and sharp, month of July!
“Many people with insomnia turn to sleeping pills, which often have unwanted side effects. Few of them know about an equally effective therapy that targets the root cause of insomnia without medications. Called [Read more…] about Why cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) should be first-line treatment for chronic insomnia