Apr 18, 2017 0
Next: Will brain sensors be able to infer the mental state of a person–and, for example, identify sarcasm in a message?
Today we highlight a thought-provoking patent by Intellectual Ventures. (As mentioned, we are featuring foundational Pervasive Neurotech patents–from older to newer by issue date–to gain a glimpse into future applications)
U.S. Patent No. 8,082,215: Acquisition and particular association of inference data indicative of inferred mental states of authoring users
- Assignee(s): The Invention Science Fund I, LLC (Intellectual Ventures)
- Inventor(s): Edward K. Y. Jung, Eric C. Leuthardt, Royce A. Levien, Robert W. Lord, Mark A.
- Malamud, John D. Rinaldo, Jr., Lowell L. Wood, JR.
- Technology Category: Neuro-monitoring
- Issue Date: December 20, 2011
Focused on evaluating the mental state of a message’s author, the ‘215 patent describes some interesting aspects of neurotechnology that make the patent noteworthy. Read the rest of this entry »