The Brainnovations Pitch Contest, to be hosted at the 2019 SharpBrains Virtual Summit, will highlight three groundbreaking startups working on ways to harness brain research and emerging technologies to help every person thrive in the digital age.
- Finalist: Kate Sharadin, Founder & CEO of eQuility
- Finalist: Nickolai Vysokov, Co-Founder & CEO of BrainPatch
- Finalist: Richard Hanbury, Founder & CEO of Sana Health
Startups submitted their ideas and solutions to pitch in front of our expert Judges and Summit participants for a chance to get feedback, boost industry recognition and win a prize package that could give a boost to their venture and solution.
Who Should Apply
The contest is open to every startup in the space that meets the following criteria:
- Founded no earlier than 2013; can be at any stage of development
- Can be structured as a for-profit or non-profit, but needs to show a clear revenue model
- If it is selected as a Finalist, one of the Co-founders can present a Pitch at the Summit, on May 8th, 2019 (requires no travel, as event is virtual)
What to Expect
- Finalists to pitch at the 2019 SharpBrains Virtual Summit were selected based on 1. Novelty; 2. Scalability; 3. Research and IP approach; 4. Impact; and 5. Financial sustainability.
- On May 8th, 2019, each Finalist will have 15 minutes to pitch and 10 minutes for Q&A from the Sharp Tank and other Summit participants.
- (If your startup is not selected as a Finalist, you are still registered and encouraged to attend the Brainnovations Pitch Day and the whole Summit – a great opportunity to learn from and network with like-minded pioneers.)
- Winners will be selected by the Judges at the end of the Brainnovations session, based on the same 5 criteria above. The selection will be live and shared with Summit participants to maximize transparency and lessons learned.
What Winners get
Each category’s Winner will receive:
- Formal recognition as Top Brainnovation in the category
- Ten hours of consulting time by members of the Judging Panel and SharpBrains staff
- Complimentary access to SharpBrains’ market report on Pervasive Neurotechnology
- A profile in SharpBrains website and e‑newsletter (over 100,000 monthly readers)
- Support in outreach to media/ partners/ clients/ investors during 3 months
This contest is being organized to stimulate interest in technology development and in no way comprises an offer of endorsement or support (financial or otherwise) of products or services that may be developed as a result. Applicants should further recognize that neither SharpBrains nor any Judges or Summit participants can be responsible for any intellectual property rights claims that may arise from participating in this contest.
Please contact us.