When was Brain Awareness Week?
March 12–18, 2007
The Brain Awareness Week is a great opportunity to learn more about how the brain functions and how to cultivate a healthy brain. The Dana Foundation and multiple partners, such as SharpBrains, led outreach events worldwide.
SharpBrains-Related Activities During Brain Awareness Week
- 1) Brain Fitness Awareness: 35 different Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes across the United States distributed our Brain Fitness 101 guide and other materials to their members for free.
- 2) Exercising Our Brains Class at SFSU in San Francisco, California.
- 3) March 8 Workshop: The Neuroscience of Stress and Stress Management. Description: Alvaro Fernandez, SharpBrains CEO, presented the latest neuroscience findings about the impact of stress on performance and introduce a variety of techniques to help us manage stress during Accenture’s Third Annual International Women’s Day.
- 4) March 14 Workshop: Sharp Brains at Work. Description: Companies and employees need to adapt constantly. Learning about how the brain works and learns helps ensure smooth change management processes. We led this workshop at consulting firm Origo to help their consultants and clients thrive.
- Brain Fitness 101 eGuide
- The Dana Guide to Brain Health book review
- Top 10 Brain Teasers
- Neuroscience Interview Series
If you are interested in learning more, you can sign up for our Monthly Newsletter with an update of brain fitness news. Just introduce your email on the the upper, right hand corner of this page.