Time for SharpBrains’ October 2013 e‑newsletter, featuring a variety of articles, interviews, and brain teasers. Enjoy!
Fresh research and perspectives:
- 12 Ways Yoga Meditation helps nourish the body, brain and mind
- BrainTech: 6 take-aways on neuroplasticity and cognitive training
- FDA guidelines for mobile health apps relevant to cognitive/ mental health
- Top 30 Highlights from the 2013 SharpBrains Virtual Summit
- Study shows “brain supplements” don’t work to enhance brain health and function
- Neuroleadership, Human Capital and technology in Washington, DC next week
Interviews with sharp brains:
- Deborah Rozman: The brain is not only about cognition
- Ellen Somers: Staying sharp by continually learning and teaching about brain health
- Nelson Calderon: Let’s spread brain fitness knowledge in developing countries
- Teresa Kennedy: Total health includes physical AND mental fitness
- Daniel Ferguson: Big Data opens a world of opportunity in health, psychology, neuroscience
- Brain teaser game: Can you count? (attention experiment)
- Test your Brain with these Brain Teasers, Games and Illusions
Happy Halloween, and have a great month of November!
What excites you the most about your job?
As President of Power Living Enterprises, it excites me that we are improving people’s lives through our mind-body training, coaching and consulting services, as well as the content we create.
Please tell us about your interest in applied brain science. What areas are you most interested in? What motivated you to pursue work in your field?
The brain has always been fascinating to me. I’m approaching it from the mind-body training and content standpoint. I have an MBA from Harvard and also founded the first yoga studio in Harlem 12 years ago. I blend the two now by training executives in mindfulness, leadership and wellness. [Read more…] about Teresa Kennedy: Total health includes physical AND mental fitness