Time for SharpBrains e‑newsletter.
It’s been a busy month, once again bringing to the forefront the limitations of our current healthcare system and, on the positive side, the growing opportunities to improve Brain Health and Mental Health for all, if we pay attention to (and act on) latest research, thinking and tools.
- When Healthcare ignores Mental Health: 200 common prescription medications increase depression risk
- Report finds only 35% of Canadian youth get the physical activity recommended for brain health
- Study finds training-induced neuroplasticity even in patients with chronic traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Want to feel more Calm, get some Headspace, and practice Mindfulness Daily?
- (Slidedeck) Why the Future of Brain Enhancement and Mental Health is Digital and Pervasive
- Study finds the limits of putting oneself in another’s shoes (instead, ask and listen)
- Sleep-focused neurotech firm Dreem raises $35M from Johnson&Johnson Innovation and Bpifrance
- FDA clears MindMaze GO neurorehabilitation platform, easing access to continued outpatient therapy
- From Angry Birds to brain mapping: The Gamification of Neuroscience
Finally, we invite you to tease your mind with these four optical illusions. Surprising, aren’t they?
Have a great month of July,
The SharpBrains Team