Had a good night’s sleep?
We hope you did, so you can fully enjoy all the fascinating articles and brain teasers in the new edition of SharpBrains’ eNewsletter…including excellent advice on how to combine general sleep hygiene with mindful and cognitive techniques, and a book giveaway.
- For a good night’s rest, combine general sleep hygiene with mindful and cognitive techniques
- Book review: Grit is a tool in the toolbox, not the silver bullet
- To boost attention and other cognitive skills, learn AND continually practice a second language
- Scalable, medication-free relief of cognitive symptoms related to Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- How to properly “Use it or Lose it”: Kundalini Yoga vs. Crossword Puzzles
- Status quo is not enough: Common tests for Mild Cognitive Impairment lack both sensitivity and specificity
- Discouraging new findings about pediatric care for children with ADHD: Often, best-practice guidelines are not followed
- Busy schedules linked to better memory and cognition among middle-aged and older adults
- FDA clears use of online cognitive/ behavioral assessment to inform ADHD diagnosis
- Large multi-center study to test videogame-like digital therapy as (potentially) FDA-cleared ADHD treatment
- Brain training franchisor LearningRx settles FTC complaint about its marketing claims
- Survey finds significant promise for home-based, data-rich cognitive therapy among stroke survivors
Books and other educational resources:
- Goodreads giveaway: 20 copies of The SharpBrains Guide to Brain Fitness
- Book discount to honor Mental Health Awareness Month/ Oferta de libro en honor del Mes de la Salud Mental
- Lecture Recording: 25 Must-Know Facts to Harness Neuroplasticity & Technology For Better Brain Health
- Online Course: How to Navigate Conventional and Complementary ADHD Treatments for Healthy Brain Development
Finally, some fun Brain teasers:
- The Hermann grid optical illusion, explained
- Hard brain teaser to challenge your pattern recognition
Have a great month of June!
The SharpBrains Team