We can summarize a lot of research by saying that there are four essential pillars to maintaining a healthy brain that functions better now and lasts longer. Those pillars are:
- 1) Physical Exercise
- 2) Mental Exercise
- 3) Good Nutrition
- 4) Stress Management
Great … now what?! How do you develop a healthy lifestyle that includes all four pillars? Let’s look at each one.
- Physical Exercise
- Start by talking to your doctor, especially if you are not currently physically active, have special health concerns, or are making significant changes to your current program.
- Set a goal that you can achieve. Do something you enjoy for even just 15 minutes a day. You can always add more time and activities later.
- Schedule exercise into your daily routine. It will be become a habit faster if you do.
- If you can only do one thing, do something cardiovascular, meaning something that gets your heart beating faster. This includes walking, running, skiing, swimming, biking, hiking, tennis, basketball, playing tag, ultimate Frisbee, and other similar sports/activities.
- Mental Exercise
- Be curious! Get to know your local library and community college, look for local organizations or churches that offer classes or workshops
- Do a variety of things, including [Read more…] about Improve Brain Health Now: Easy Steps